Sign in to follow this  
anthdci

First night washout

Anyone else spending their first night away in the caravan kept up by this wind? I’m about 10miles for Carlisle, and I’ve just had to go out to double up the pegs in my awning and change the guide ropes since it’s being blown all over. I thought it was supposed to be summer?

• Sad 1

2010 Lunar Delta Ti pulled by a 2012 Volvo XC60 D3 AWD remapped to 210bhp & 501Nm

Glad you're enjoying the resumption of caravanning so much! 🤣

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

To be fair though the weather forecast wasn't great! I'm sure 2 months ago we were all dreaming of having to get up at 1am to peg down the awning 😂

Edited by swirly182

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

1 hour ago, swirly182 said:

To be fair though the weather forecast wasn't great! I'm sure 2 months ago we were all dreaming of having to get up at 1am to peg down the awning 😂

yea it wasn’t, but the rain we’ d been expecting was no where near a bad, and the wind that was forecast for today hit about midnight so I hadn’t fully prepared for it. A bit rusty on my part, I’d normally be well on top of these things. 

No damage to speak of this morning, air awning just bounces back.

• Like 1

2010 Lunar Delta Ti pulled by a 2012 Volvo XC60 D3 AWD remapped to 210bhp & 501Nm

Heard the rain and wind.  Woke a couple of times through the night, mainly because of the cat wanting this and that.  Anyway, the bricks and mortar are still in place and the house hasn't moved an inch, and oh, had the fire on, so was as snug as a bug in a rug:D

In the West Coast of Ireland for the past week 

We had 2 nights of very bad wind and rain last night was a Yellow Warning. - few folks had damaged Awnings thankful I opted not to put ours up this trip due to weather 

All in all it’s good to be back out in the Caravan 

Trel