Sign in to follow this  
GaryB1969

Padstow Touring Park part of the Lovat Group

Posted (edited)

Just tried to log onto the Padstow web site www.padstowtouringpark.co.uk and it now diverts you to https://lovatparks.com/locations/cornwall/padstow not sure how long they've been part of that group but the web site change has happened since last week.  We're (hopefully!) there from 18th July for a week but looking at the web site and recent park activity there does seem to be a push towards the static caravan side of things.  I suppose there's more money to be made with statics.

Edited by GaryB1969

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Reports published locally said that the Barnes family retained ownership of Padstow Holiday Park but sold Padstow Touring Park in 2019 to Lovat  Parks plc - a London  based company  which owns a handful of other sites, none of which I have visited so can't advise you which way they are heading. 

For anyone with a smallish caravan or campervan I would recommend Dennis Cove site at Padstow as a better location by the river side, but access is tricky for big vehicles 

Higher Harlyn is also very good and close by.

Thanks, we booked with Padstow Touring Park back in January but up until last week their own web site was live, I panicked when it suddenly took me to another site!  I've rang them and left a message, waiting for them to ring back.

We have a 7 night booking for the end of August 

I have been trying to alter the dates since the start of lock down & keep being told to call back, 

my last call about 10 days ago I was told to call back after the 1st of July 

as there booking system was being updated,

We had a nice stay there 3 years ago. If I remember correctly, just before the access road to the Touring Park there was another road to some holiday retreat lodges. Maybe they are merging? I doubt my loyalty card with 2 free coffees on it will still be valid. 😂

• Haha 1

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

On 03/07/2020 at 17:04, GaryB1969 said:

Thanks, we booked with Padstow Touring Park back in January but up until last week their own web site was live, I panicked when it suddenly took me to another site!  I've rang them and left a message, waiting for them to ring back.

Spoke to them today, all good.  Site café will be closed but takeaway coffee available, some facilities are limited but as we use the caravan bathroom anyway it isn't a problem.  Just hope the sun shines and everyone remembers the danger that is still looming over us.