Fortyfoot

Availability of CCC vacant pitch dates

Hi, I am looking to book some where this summer, no set dates.  Is it possible to get an overview of available pitches like you can do on the Caravan Club site?

Thanks,

Fortyfoot

Don’t think so. You used to be able to start picking dates, and it showed availability, but last time I tried it, don’t recall it showing availability, just an annoying not available message once you had input start and end dates

• Like 1

it is  terrible website to navigate. I am considering changing club as it is so awful.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

No wonder they are closing site for the rest of the year, I wanted a month at Boroughbridge, then found it was closed!!!

My partner said it would be to repair the ladies WC which has been closed for at least two years. 

The not so friendly club.

Fortyfoot

I believe Boroughbridge suffered significant flooding earlier this year resulting in closure for recovery and repairs.

• Like 1

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Yes you can find vacancies on the CCC web site.It is unbelievably confusing but goes like this.

Go bookings

Select an area you want to visit.

Do NOT select site you have in mind.

Fill in the date period you want to travel

Fill in awning, length and width of unit etc.

Then press make a booking and it will bring up all sites in that area that have room for your dates.

Select site you want to visit and a calendar should be visible of vacancies.

Green shading means room.

Why they make it so confusing is anyone’s guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ccc.jpg

• Thanks 1

It is possibly easier to ring them as the web site is not easy to navigate and the reservations staff can do it far quicker.

On 01/07/2020 at 13:44, reedyontour said:

it is  terrible website to navigate. I am considering changing club as it is so awful.

CMC website is painfully slow on tasks I perform, so do not expect miracles.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

20 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

It is possibly easier to ring them as the web site is not easy to navigate and the reservations staff can do it far quicker.

I agree that is an option, but why oh why don't they make it as simple as it is on the Caravan Club site?  On the CMC site, I can sit at home and look at lots of different options, see if there are vacancies, then book if I wish to. Surely that's the whole point of an up to date web site?  I recently booked the Camping and Caravanning Club site at Kessingland in Suffolk, but had no idea as I sat there entering all my details, if there were pitches available or not?  Fortunately I got booked for the dates I wanted, but if it was full, I would have had to go through the whole process again on the next site I chose!  Yes a phone call is an option, but in this age of technology, when most people have a computer or mobile phone, why not make the web site more user friendly in the first place?

The CCC site is dreadful, I usually use them for motoring and holiday insurance for long term trips into Europe . Always ring them as the site does not give the correct information, as the people answering the phone readily admit.  It’s only been like it for several years but, one day, who knows☹️☹️☹️
the CMC site by comparison is very easy to use for most areas including booking a ferry.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

On 01/07/2020 at 20:21, borrowdale said:

Yes you can find vacancies on the CCC web site.It is unbelievably confusing but goes like this.

Go  bookings

Select an area you want to visit.

Do NOT select site you have in mind.

Fill in the date period you want to travel

Fill in awning, length and width of unit etc.

Then press make a booking and it will bring up all sites in that area that have room for your dates.

Select site you want to visit and a calendar should be visible of vacancies.

Green shading means room.

Why they make it so confusing is anyone’s guess.

Borrowdale, I just tried to follow your instructions (above) but found nothing approaching what you describe. And visually it’s nothing like Fortyfoot’s screen grab in the next post. I’m puzzled!

John

Johnaldo,

Fortyfoot's screen-grab is the first item on the homepage of the CCC site. I went straight past it the first time I looked!

Mick

Lives near Cheltenham, drives a Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing a Coachman VIP575 (2018).

This is what I get on the Home page …

D8D86EC4-288D-4E97-AE27-091D602156DF.thumb.jpeg.740c70f39f7ecd1b7830df13c6beac8b.jpeg

John

It's the homepage of the website not the app.

Lives near Cheltenham, drives a Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing a Coachman VIP575 (2018).

2 hours ago, Mickyjb said:

It's the homepage of the website not the app.

Well, after the numerous messages from CCC saying to switch over to the SiteSeeker app, I started doing so a couple of years ago … well actually I didn’t, because it’s sooooo bad that I found it easier to ring the site I wanted or their HQ  (the later, by-the-way, appear to have much better search facilities, and can tell you where the vacancies are almost immediately!).

So tonight I’ve tried the web-site booking system … and I must say that I don’t think I’d have found my way around it without Borrowdale’s instructions! It’s not perfect, but I can report that I’ve deleted the SiteSeeker 🙂

I’ve  been a member of the CCC for over 30 years, and I really like a lot about the Club … but the web-site is one area that I’m afraid I can not give them any compliments about.

John