Toilet flush tank clean?

paul2911

Hi all,

can you use puriclean to clean the toilet flush tank?

Thanks

You could, but I fail to see why you would want to when there are purpose made products available which I would expect to do the job better.

Puriclean - if to hand - would be fine rather than buying something else. 

As would many other warm-water-detergent solutions to clear out anything (old Thetford pink black bits?) in the flush tank.

Google the question OP it's been covered in other forums, as well as here, before.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Ok thanks.

4 hours ago, Stevan said:

You could, but I fail to see why you would want to when there are purpose made products available which I would expect to do the job better.

I had seen there was these products but don't much fancy going to shops these days and already have the puriclean. Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Rodders53 said:

Puriclean - if to hand - would be fine rather than buying something else. 

As would many other warm-water-detergent solutions to clear out anything (old Thetford pink black bits?) in the flush tank.

Google the question OP it's been covered in other forums, as well as here, before.

Yeah thats it! the black bits. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, paul2911 said:

Ok thanks.

I had seen there was these products but don't much fancy going to shops these days and already have the puriclean. Thanks.

Yeah thats it! the black bits. Thanks.

It depends on what type of crud is in there. If its not coated with calcium (you will find that difficult to get off) then you can use anything you fancy - washing up liquid or a washing machine pod or anything (do not use bleach). If you can see its not clean then, you need a cleaner siutable for the purpose like Thetford Tank Cleaner. I have been told that a can of CokaCola is pretty good as this lifts some of the crud off. You can get the propper thing though from the internet sellers!

Ern

1 hour ago, paul2911 said:

I had seen there was these products but don't much fancy going to shops these days and already have the puriclean. 

Puriclean is primarily a sterilising solution for waterpipes, its cleaning properties are relatively limited, but it is fairly kind to most metal, rubber and plastic pipes and seals. Quite how it behaves with pump bearings is a mystery to me.

Other, more aggressive cleaning agents will do a better job of shifting crud, but, if used too concentrated, for too long or too often may cause damage to seals, impellors etc.

Bicarb was also mentioned in another thread on the same subject within this very forum.  But I'd whack a warm-hot puriclean solution in for a good few hours - after first throwing a tankful of warm water with fairy liquid in and rinsing that out.   Now how do you agitate the solution inside the tank to clean the surfaces?  Large bottle brush?

Or just not bother with the whole thing at all?  Elsan Pink (double strength) cleared out all the crud from the Thetford pink-infested tank I had in one caravan after a few tankfulls (and an initial rinse out).

Stevan Puriclean can't do any harm to drop in pumps or we'd have heard about it long before now?  https://www.cleantabs.co.uk/puriclean.php

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Fenwicks waste pipe and tank cleaner. For waste tanks, waste pipes and toilet cassettes.

I use a regular household cleaner spray (the one with added bleach) along with a bottle brush.

First I remove the top for access and open the drain. I flush it out using the garden hose with spray nozzle.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake.