I understand that the Caravan and Motorhome Club have revoked the exemption certificate for running rallies until the 1st August because of Covid-19.  I appreciate that this includes all rallies run on private land but does it include rallies run on proper licenced caravan parks i.e. non CAMC sites.

10 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

I understand that the Caravan and Motorhome Club have revoked the exemption certificate for running rallies until the 1st August because of Covid-19.  I appreciate that this includes all rallies run on private land but does it include rallies run on proper licenced caravan parks i.e. non CMC sites.

The CMC can only revoke what it has granted. There are many organisations from which a certificate can be obtained other than CMC. I dont think a rally on private land actually needs an exeption certificate, as anyone can run a rally if it is within LA by laws. I seem to remeber it is limited to 28 days though.

Rally exemption certificates have been revoked for a very good reason. Why would anyone in their right mind want to find a way around the exemption?

The UK has one of the worst death rates due to Corona and related issues, and to some extent this has to be down to people trying to find ways to continue life as normal and getting 'round' the rules/advice given.

Everyone moans at the crowds of people going to the national Parks and the beaches forcing a breakdown in social distancing. These people responsible (is that word actually valid?) are thinking only of themselves and what they want to do!

Stay away from crowded places and stay safe

The reason for banning rallies is that they are a social gathering and the ban has not been lifted.

Rallies are limited to 5 nights without local authority permission and do need an exemption certificate.

If you go ahead and organise an unofficial rally you would not be covered by the club’s insurance and if something went wrong you could end up being sued for a large sum of money.

Ian

Edited by IanV8

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

27 minutes ago, reluctant said:

Rally exemption certificates have been revoked for a very good reason. Why would anyone in their right mind want to find a way around the exemption?

The UK has one of the worst death rates due to Corona and related issues, and to some extent this has to be down to people trying to find ways to continue life as normal and getting 'round' the rules/advice given.

Everyone moans at the crowds of people going to the national Parks and the beaches forcing a breakdown in social distancing. These people responsible (is that word actually valid?) are thinking only of themselves and what they want to do!

Stay away from crowded places and stay safe

I must admit I agree with you and was trying to understand the situation myself.  I think that there may just have been an assumption that perhaps a commercial site would be geared up better to sanitise a site properly than would volunteer marshals.  I also think that consideration should be given to people who live in a small village may still not want an influx of outsiders at this moment in time.

30 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

The reason for banning rallies is that they are a social gathering and the ban has not been lifted.

Rallies are limited to 5 nights without local authority permission and do need an exemption certificate.

If you go ahead and organise an unofficial rally you would not be covered by the club’s insurance and if something went wrong you could end up being sued for a large sum of money.

Ian

The thread is about rallies on commercial sites. These do not require an exemption certificate, being covered by LA planning permission. Whether they are being run safely under social distancing is another matter entirely as is the issue of Covid 19 regulations.

Three very different things!

Edited by Stevan
2 minutes ago, Stevan said:

The thread is about rallies on commercial sites. These do not require an exemption certificate, being covered by LA planning permission. Whether they are being run safely under social distancing is another matter entirely as s the issue of Covid 19 regulations.

Three very different things!

Thank you - I think that was the point I was making.

3 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

Thank you - I think that was the point I was making.

I responded to the question asked in the OP which was about the legality of a rally, I think.         I had no idea this was about Covid 19.  Is it? 

What is behind the OP question then? 

5 minutes ago, Ern said:

I responded to the question asked in the OP which was about the legality of a rally, I think.         I had no idea this was about Covid 19.  Is it? 

Sorry my query started " I understand that the Caravan and Motorhome Club have revoked the exemption certificate for running rallies until the 1st August because of Covid-19.  "  But it seems you could, if wanted, run a rally on a commercial site, who don't need exemption certificates, but my view is that there should be a common approach across the piece.

41 minutes ago, Ern said:

I think the fact the OP mentions Rallies and COVID19 in his original post answers your question!

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"