Sprite Major 4sb, can i connect a direct water supply

Bob and june

Hi, I have just bought a sprite major 4sb, can i connect a direct water supply. 

Cheers

Bob

Hi, if you mean from tap to van without using a water container, you would need a mains adapter kit like this one - https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/truma-ultraflow-waterline/3205

(I believe Swift use Truma equipment,) Our van uses Whale so we have one of their mains adapter kits, which does the same thing. 

Some people use a float in the aquaroll so they can use the electric submersible pump that connects to the van. We don't tend to bother but it is personal choice.

Thanks for the info, I will check out the ultraflow system.

Thanks again

Bob

I use a mains kit and haven't had any issues.

Love not having to fill containers.

We used a ballcock in our aquaroll up to getting the mains kit free in our Buc so now using that-maybe slightly lower pressure than the pump but nice and easy. The Ballcock method via ebay was VERY cheap hence i went that route! 

• 1 year later...

We also use the ballcock fitting in the aquararoll. Works a treat without fear of over pressure.

Edited by Nigel Dermott
Misspelling

I wouldn't feel comfortable using a direct supply from the tap into the caravan. Theres always the risk of flooding if your caravan develops a plumbing problem. Bought my caravan brand new in 2019 and had nothing but plumbing problems, I just couldn't ever feel comfortable being away from the caravan with a direct water supply. I'd have to turn off the tap at night and when we went out, which would defeat the whole idea.

Have both direct and float systems but abandoned the direct as the flow in the shower was woeful compared to the pump. As always pro and cons but the minor inconvenience in set up is worth the improved shower to us.

We have a Truma Aquasourse  direct connection provided with our new special edition Swift Corniche. Not tried it yet.

I had thought that being an internal pump, the pressure would be the same (as pump would work when tap turned on), and so Truma pipe would just be an aquaroll substitute - is that how it works?

Edited by Lagerorwine