Silversurf

Worrying rise in Covid in Leicester !

4 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

Don't be so quick in condemning Leicester. 

Most experts say they are just the first, more will follow all around the country, and not very long to wait........

Why not condemn Leicester for their crass stupidity, they deserve it, similarly any other area with the same mindset and covid rise should be similarly condemned and rightly so,  what should we do, pat them on the head and feel sorry for them ?

Most so called experts have said lots of things since January , very many of them have been totally wrong !

• I agree completely 3

4 hours ago, daveat92 said:

Don't be so quick in condemning Leicester. 

Most experts say they are just the first, more will follow all around the country, and not very long to wait........

Correct !  Few Hot Spots round about the Borders and Dumfries and Galloway with a lot of Talk on closing the Scottish Border :blink: .... 

GAS 

Liverpool after the behaviour of the football fans?

• I agree completely 2

Let’s hope that these spikes register with those who would appear to have been to thick to grasp the principle behind social distancing the first time around eh? 

I feel immensely sorry for all of the inhabitants of Leicester who DID follow the guidelines but are now having to pay the penalty for the idiots who thought they knew better.  Head, wall, bang? 

Andy

• I agree completely 4

:goodpost:I agree.

1 hour ago, 664DaveS said:

Liverpool after the behaviour of the football fans?

You might think so but to date liverpool is well down this particular league table! Time will tell.....

An awful lot of condemnation when only a few actually ignore precautions I suspect. 

I try to put myself in others shoes. I noted the Mayor o Leicester had been criticised for visiting his girlfriend during lockdown. This led me to think. OH, Fliss, moved in with me after selling her home 15 years ago, For a few years prior to that I would stay at hers on a Wednesday after a regular meet with members of a social group that I ran and one week would stay at hers Fri, Sat Sun nights and the next at nine Fri, Sat, Sun to keep gardens in check, 

If lockdown had occurred then what would we have done? Probably, to allay criticism I would have stayed there an we would have come to mine every other weekend to do the garden.

Does this make me a bad person? 

My sympathies are not with the Leicester Mayor.    He needs to get with the programme.

Edited by Will deBeast
  • I agree completely 1

10 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Let’s hope that these spikes register with those who would appear to have been to thick to grasp the principle behind social distancing the first time around eh? 

I feel immensely sorry for all of the inhabitants of Leicester who DID follow the guidelines but are now having to pay the penalty for the idiots who thought they knew better.  Head, wall, bang? 

Andy

With you on that one PCP :D. Was very disappointed  in a few of my neighbours during the lock down but happy to say no fatalities in our local community.

Another issue that opened my eyes was a minority of my "Work Colleagues" whom I have known for many years was  the nasty wee worm Greed and Selfishness that ran through their vain's .... I could go on with the examples but will not bore you with the details. Lets just say I would hate WW3 to start after witnessing recent events... 

GAS ....:mellow:

22 hours ago, Silversurf said:

Most so called experts have said lots of things since January , very many of them have been totally wrong !

Quite right.

Boris said at the start that it was just a little flu and he would quickly "biff it". We are now 4 months later and still he hasn't "biffed it".

A medical expert said it could reach 20,000. It's now almost 44,000.

Edited by daveat92

23 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

A medical expert said it could reach 20,000. It's now almost 44,000.

Err no! 

What was actually said was that if we get away with less than 20,000 deaths that would be a good result. The expectation was clearly that there were going to be huge numbers of infections that would require hospitalisation, hence the phenomenal speed of construction for the Nightingale hospitals. 

At the outset everyone was, to a great extent, totally in the dark as to how exactly it would all pan out. It’s very easy to be critical now with the benefit of hindsight. I have no doubt whatsoever that there were some things not done that should have been and some things that were done didn’t need to be. I for one feel the Govt did the best they could with the information they had at the time. They moved very swiftly to preserve as many jobs as was reasonably possible and made it clear from the start they couldn’t protect every job.

What has become pretty clear is how woefully useless Public Health England has been since the outset, they have made the poor decisions and left Boris & Hancock to stand up in front of the media and take all of the S-H-one!

Andy

• Haha 1
  • I agree completely 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Err no! 

What was actually said was that if we get away with less than 20,000 deaths that would be a good result. The expectation was clearly that there were going to be huge numbers of infections that would require hospitalisation, hence the phenomenal speed of construction for the Nightingale hospitals. 

At the outset everyone was, to a great extent, totally in the dark as to how exactly it would all pan out. It’s very easy to be critical now with the benefit of hindsight. I have no doubt whatsoever that there were some things not done that should have been and some things that were done didn’t need to be. I for one feel the Govt did the best they could with the information they had at the time. They moved very swiftly to preserve as many jobs as was reasonably possible and made it clear from the start they couldn’t protect every job.

What has become pretty clear is how woefully useless Public Health England has been since the outset, they have made the poor decisions and left Boris & Hancock to stand up in front of the media and take all of the S-H-one!

Andy

:goodpost:

• Thanks 1