Not sure if this is the best area of the forum for this.

On the news it is often mentioned that tourist areas are not opening the public toilets. It might be useful if people commented on their areas so we know in advance before going somewhere.

On the local BBC news a few nights ago it reported the public toilets in Lincoln have not been opened by the council and they do not plan on opening them before 6th July. The only one they have opened is in the town centre bus station. Lincoln castle is partly open but the toilets have not been opened. The large stores have not opened their toilets. One small shop said they let a customer use their staff toilet.

I don’t blame them not opening the toilets. Every day there are adverts for find someone to blame and claim. Imagine if the people all claim they caught corona from the toilets, even if they did not the cost to defend themselves for the council would be enormous.

According to one TV reporter, some of the toilets were open at various seaside towns yesterday - but men were urinating up the outside wall of the building and in the surrounding bushes because they couldn’t be bothered to queue!

If you had drunk 15 pints of lager would you know where the toilets were. Haha 

5 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

According to one TV reporter, some of the toilets were open at various seaside towns yesterday - but men were urinating up the outside wall of the building and in the surrounding bushes because they couldn’t be bothered to queue!

Don't overlook those with a non obvious disability. There are those of us who can't wait in a slow queue, if we need to pee we really have no extended time scale at all. It was not like that, but some afflictions that come along with aging change the whole situation.

• I agree completely 5

I wouldn’t be surprised if the toilet issue initiated a switch from caravan to motorhome for quite a few people.  It’s one thing to have your own toilet, but when it’s stuck on a pitch 20miles away it’s  not much use.

We visited a garden on Monday and the missus declined tea at breakfast in case she needed ‘to go’ while we were there. It was an hours drive each way. I was surprised we both managed without ‘going’ till we got home 5 hours later.  Mind you, the missus didn’t have her usual 15pints of lager. 😂 

• Haha 3

There is a new toilet finder available, called Lockdown Loo.

"Lockdown Loo is a website that marks all the open public toilets across the UK, making it easier for you to decide where to head for the day. The website relies on people submitting toilets they have seen reopen in order to get a clear image for people".

This may be useful.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 26/06/2020 at 15:55, JTQ said:

Don't overlook those with a non obvious disability. There are those of us who can't wait in a slow queue, if we need to pee we really have no extended time scale at all. It was not like that, but some afflictions that come along with aging change the whole situation.

i'm diabetic. so public conveniences are a must for days out 

Regards
Ian

with an ageing population in need of a public loo can the mum's not ask us if they can push in with there child. You can take the kiddie down  a side street and let them pee in a gutter if necessary , but we old codgers would be frowned upon if we did it. 

• Like 1

We have recently bought a portable Thetford toilet for use on days out or away from the caravan.

Lucky enough to have a VW Caravelle WAV with privacy windows and blinds and space to store.

Took some time to source the toilet - many outlets out of stock. I suspect many tent campers have bought one for convenience.