Sign in to follow this  
ladoublet

which caravan club for discounts is best?

Hello,

We are first time caravan owners and looking to find out which club would be best to join to get discounts for ferry, shuttle or campsites in both the UK and Europe.

We hope to spend weekends travelling  in the UK and crossing over to Spain for the long winter break.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I don’t think there is much to choose between them, especially on travel discounts. 
both clubs sell insurance 

both clubs offer breakdown cover

both clubs offer various discounts on a range of items. 
A more useful thing maybe to look at what sites they offer in your area, or areas you may like to visit. 

The C & C C do a sizeable age concession discount - not sure when you qualify but it’s 25% (apologies if you’re only 25 🙂).

Both main clubs do loads of discounts on a variety of stuff - accessories, outdoor wear, maps, tourist attractions, etc.  You’ll need to visit both web-sites to see what they’re offering that would suit your lifestyle.

The usual recommendation given on this forum is that, for the sake of 40-odd quid, you join both clubs for the first year, then perhaps re-assess in 12 months.

John

many thanks - I'll do some research,

Which caravan club for discounts is best?

Undoubtedly it's got to be the Caravan Club.   After all - you get free membership after being a member for 50 years. :DJoking aside!   They have a first class insurance package for those interested in travelling abroad.   Just my opinion - but they are second to none. 

Citroen C5 Exclusive Estate+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We have used both clubs and the difference is negligible. If you know the site you want you can check who is cheapest on that if it is on both clubs books but on ferries I doubt there is anything in it. I would look at their on line touring sites and see what sites suit you best and go with that.

People do book sites direct, but we have used the clubs service, and always found there was also a saving on pitch fees.

We used to have shares in P&O and we are still entitled to discounted fares.  However, we have not used this facility for many years as we get a better discount from the Caravan & M/H Club!

John.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

44 minutes ago, Leedslad said:

We used to have shares in P&O and we are still entitled to discounted fares.  However, we have not used this facility for many years as we get a better discount from the Caravan & M/H Club!

John.

Likewise, we save hundreds every year on the North Sea routes

21 hours ago, ladoublet said:

Hello,

We are first time caravan owners and looking to find out which club would be best to join to get discounts for ferry, shuttle or campsites in both the UK and Europe.

We hope to spend weekends travelling  in the UK and crossing over to Spain for the long winter break.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The best cross channel discount is obtained by saving Tesco vouchers and using them at three times their face value for a Eurotunnel ticket. 

2 hours ago, Leedslad said:

Yes!   Me too.   I made a big mistake when I opted to stay as a shareholder at the buy-out.  Shareholder tickets these days are a joke.   I would imagine the take up on them is NIL

Citroen C5 Exclusive Estate+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

While we find that with the 'clubs' you know the quality of the pitches and facilities will be of a good standard, there are more and more quality independent sites and sometimes cheaper and with equally if not better facilities.

If you are looking for adult only or dog free sites then these will more than likely be independents.

It is a matter of browsing sites like this to get peoples views on sites they have visited.

We always use one of the clubs for ferry/ tunnel bookings as they are nearly always cheaper.

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2015 with Lunar Clubman si 2011

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!