Swift Challenger Spare Wheel

firesub1

Can anyone advise me of the best place to purchase a spare wheel for my 2003 Swift Challenger 520 SE.

Thanks for your help. ...... Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I bought the rim from my local caravan accessories outlet (Waudbys).It is best to go to a caravan outlet because of the different bolt PCDs and rim offsets that are available. I then arranged for a mobile tyre fitter to supply and fit exactly the same type of tyre as already fitted to the van by the manufacturer. Remember that caravan tyres are not the same as car tyres but are usually commercial vehicle grade. Total cost was about £70. The tyre size was 195/70R14 91 for a Sterling Europa 460 2002.

Another route would be if you have any caravan surplus store nearby,just make sure that you know what you are buying. :)

Frank

Guest john1215

Frank,

I think this is good sound advice, the spare wheel and indeed all your caravan tyres need to be good quality, some may say that it is expensive but what price safety?

john1215

Stuart

Do you have a local Swift Group dealer near you? If so they can access the spares catalogue on line to make sure you get the right size rim. I have just purchased two new steel rims so that I don't leave the van standing on the original tyres through the winter. They cost about £28 each, 14inch rims. If you know the rim size most caravan accessory shops should be able to help. As for tyres you could ask for commercial van ones as they are usually 6/8 ply.

Just a thought have you tried E-Bay?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Guest john1215

My local tyre supplier gets whatever tyres I need for the caravan, quite cheap too and if you have a local supplier then this might be the most cost-effective choice.

john1215

Thanks for all the info, iam sure i can get sorted quite easily now. ...

. .... Cheers Stuart