Sign in to follow this  
ElaP

12S Plug wiring

I have a 2010 Hobby 575 VIP with a battery, and strange wiring colours in the 12S plug.

Namely : Orange - Purple - Blue - Black and Brown.

I have worked out the Orange is for the reversing lights.  The Blue is the earth, I think.  The Black is connected to the caravan battery, but I'm not sure about the Purple and Brown.

I may have the above wrong of course.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Have you Googled 12S wiring diagram. 

In the UK 

Fridge red +

Reverse light Yellow

Green Battery +

White earth

Black earth fridge 

Blue battery

Brown Reverse sensor or spare

Yes. Unfortunately the UK wiring colours bear no relation to the wires in my 12S plug.  I only have Orange, Purple, Blue, Black and Brown. Orange puts the reversing lights on. I checked my car is wired as per UK specification.

However thanks for your reply.

Ignore the colours and rely on the pin numbers.

I was replacing a damaged 12S plug and I just removed the old plug without checking which wires went where. 

When I went to wire up the new plug that was when I discovered it didn't correspond to standard UK wiring colours.

I've emailed various UK Hobby dealers for information but never received a reply.

Thank you for answering.

As long as you can identify the return (ground, earth or whatever) which you can normally identify within the van as lots of the same colour wire joined together, you can rig up a battery, wire and a fuse to apply 12v to each wire in turn and see what it does.

Pin 1. Orange... (Reversing lights)

Pin 2. Purple... (12V ignition)

Pin 3. Blue... (Earth)

Pin 4. Black (12V permanent live)

Pin 5. - (Blank)

Pin 6. Brown... (Fridge)

Pin 7. - (Blank)

Thank you everybody.  Jay Tea that's the way i had wired up my plug but I didn't try it in case it was wrong.

At the moment my caravan is unobtainable until half way through July, (Scotland), but when I can, I'll plug it in and let you know the result.  Thank you all again.