Taffy2006

All year round seasonal pitches

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.  I want to start Caravanning, but funds dictate that I can not afford a good tow car so I’m looking to find a year round campsite in North Yorkshire where I can get a caravan ( still not got that far yet )towed to and not worry about having to move it . I have done some research, however most say the cans have to be less than 15 years old. There must be some places that accept older vans . Any help would be gratefully received 

:welcome:

Some questions. 

Tourer or static? 

Seasonal pitch for a tourer? 

Or all round 52 weeks a year in either a tourer or static? 

Posted (edited)

The Camping and Caravanning Club and the Caravan and Motorhome club both do seasonal pitches for touring caravans. Have a look on their websites to see if there is one where you want to stay. I do not remember seeing anything on the age of caravans when looking at them before. They also have caravan storage on some of these sites so could be used for a full year if the season is not full year. On sites that have static caravans they tend to have an age limit.

Edited by Paul1957

make sure the site is on a bus route if you can't afford a car

I think the OP ca not afford a tow car but presumably has a smaller car to get to the site. 

On 23/06/2020 at 22:22, Taffy2006 said:

however most say the cans have to be less than 15 years old

I believe that restriction is common to static (holiday home type) sites, not heard of it relating to touring sites.