JonF

Caravan Guard Logo.png Rated 'Excellent' by customers on Trustpilot. Caravan Guard is now offering an extra One Month Free discount on new touring caravan policies. Click to get a discounted quote

Message added by JonF

Happy caravanning everyone B) 

• Like 1

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

Sites allowed to open from the 4th.

I wonder how many of the smaller ones will  decided not to take on the risk of facility cleaning and accept self contained with own facility units only. 

They could have said from the 3rd so we could go the Friday night but nevermind.

2010 Lunar Delta Ti pulled by a 2012 Volvo XC60 D3 AWD remapped to 210bhp & 501Nm

Posted (edited)

Thank you Boris!  Now we have something to look forward to - off to our favourite CS on 4th July:Thankyou:

They have decided not to open their toilet block - so no tents.  Just 5 vans in 2 acres of lovely tranquil orchard with a stream running through it.  Can't wait!

Edited by richardandros
  • Like 1

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Trevornick here we come at the end of August .

Better get the awning out and waterproof it !

20200623_135907.jpg.dfea3280737cf15d4424237acb45a8e3.jpg

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

It will be interesting to see how many sites open without toilets/showers open and how they get on for bookings. 

If sites which normally have toilets/showers dont open them, the toilet and grey water dumps will be very busy. Not only that but the toilet dumps will be used by the people who are not used to it :ph34r:. Could be fun!

Ern

Beachside booked for the 5th...BOOM

Just booked a cl on 5th July could only get 4 nights due to high demand and no facilities 

Feeling slightly smug. I booked a CMC site when it was first murmured about the 4th. The only downside is only booked 2 nights, because wife has to work.

Fantastic news but I am having my caravan serviced on the 9th :(    , so I better wait as the last service was one in 1998 :D.

That is great news though , looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, JonF said:

Continued from previous topic......

Well 47 pages, sure kept everyone busy. 

I wonder how many shielded people will be going away 4th/6th July?

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

Our first trip to Clitheroe will be self contained as the toilet blocks are shut. Do you know what though, I don't care! 

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

End of July for us for a long weekend, 25 miles down the road, perfect...:D

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

Posted (edited)

Padstow Touring Park 18th July for seven nights then Setthorns C&CC site in the New Forest on 8th August for seven nights providing everything stays at the "new normal" level.  Fortunately we booked back in January.  Caravan cleaned (again)! 

sprite1.jpg

Edited by GaryB1969

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

We booked weekend of 10th to 12th July at the Reindeer Park at Lea Marston a couple of weeks back. Super-pitches available and toilet blocks closed but - we're away for the first time since early March so, I think the weekend of the 4th will be cleaning and checking the 'van down at our storage site.

Next trip after that is to a CL near Northampton at the end of July. After those two rallys and, hopefully, THS's will get going again.

Lives near Cheltenham, drives a Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake (2018) towing a Coachman VIP575 (2018).

We have a week in Derbyshire starting on the 4th, followed by a week in Cumbria, both on fully serviced pitches, so we will be using our own facilities. Time to get the hose and extending brush out to wash the van! Looking forward to getting away again. 😊

We are booked on the Norfolk Coast from the 4th, so excited to be able use our new caravan for only the second time (managed 2 nights away just before lockdown)!

All booked up for Love2Stay, 9th July and 31st July.

Can't blooming wait.

We did get out 3 times before lockdown, new years eve being a highlight.

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

Any one know whether campsites can open their outdoor swimming pools.  It seems you can swim in the sea, river, lakes etc and do water sports (canoeing etc). I can understand indoor leisure centres being kept closed but am interested in outdoor pool restrictions.  The campsite we are booked to visit has just said they haven't got a clue either way.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wonkydonkey said:

Any one know whether campsites can open their outdoor swimming pools.  It seems you can swim in the sea, river, lakes etc and do water sports (canoeing etc). I can understand indoor leisure centres being kept closed but am interested in outdoor pool restrictions.  The campsite we are booked to visit has just said they haven't got a clue either way.

All I read was, swimming pools are to remain closed.

It did not differentiate between indoor and outdoor.

I, for one, won't be swimming in any pool with this virus still around.

Edited by Hort2074
spelling

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

13 minutes ago, Wonkydonkey said:

Quite clear in his Parliamentary announcement. Swimming pools will remain closed. There was no differentiation of type.

Happy travels everyone.  We have to wait to see our van again as it's in Wales. 

Hymer Eriba Nova 541 2014

Our youngest daughter aged 10 has, what with school work posted to SeeSaw, Duolingo Spanish, PE with Joe Monday to Friday, BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons,, Oak National Academy and weekly music practice, been putting in a 6 hour, often longer, day of home learning every week day since school closure. As PP have pointed out, teachers have been supervising key workers' children at school as well as remotely setting and marking work for the children as usual. Plus organising the school's for social distancing when the children return in August, if restrictions are still in place by then. Neither the children nor teachers have been idling throughout lockdown.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1