Sign in to follow this  
MichelleL

Red Light , Main Polarity...

Hi Everyone :D

What is it for ?, mine comes on sometimes only when I put the charger on.        It had a brand new on board charger fitted two years ago...

It comes on for a few days ( just dim ) then it will go off for days or it will just go off sometimes when I switch the charger on the main control panel.

I wonder why it does that.

There is normally a “reverse polarity” lamp. It’s purpose in life is to indicate that the incoming mains has the live and neutral swapped. Not normally an issue in UK, but can be in Europe when using 2 pin bollards. 
As the indicator is commonly wired across neutral and earth, and yours sometimes comes on, it suggests you may have a poor neutral connection. 
Get it checked for your own safety

Michelle - if we told you it's not a secret anymore, then everyone would want to know so for the time being.................. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for explaining  it too me wilderness , will get it checked when it goes in for a service.

I don,t know anything about electrics :Thankyou:

WispMan , this is not the forum for keeping secrets , as a helpless old lady I would have thought you might jump into the breach and say , Michelle I will pop over and sort that little problem out for you LOL :D...

And I would say , Sir on your way over pick up a one shoot nut and service the brakes as well.

That would be a easy job as you are a professional :P .

Edited by MichelleL

Michelle - I am a man so am a professional at everything! :lol:

lol:D.