Compass 2016 on wallboard tape

Anyone replaced the peeling wallboard tape on your Compass/ Elddis caravan? Where did you get it and how much?  Our 2016 Camino needs the lot replacing. I will contact dealers on Monday, but wary of getting ripped off.

Thanks in advance - Laurie.

Land Rover Discovery Sport pulling a 2017 Compass Camino 554

37 minutes ago, Lozza57 said:

Anyone replaced the peeling wallboard tape on your Compass/ Elddis caravan? Where did you get it and how much?  Our 2016 Camino needs the lot replacing. I will contact dealers on Monday, but wary of getting ripped off.

I have the same problem on my  2016 Compass 554 , it is only the edges that have lifted I intend use a heatgun  on a low setting  to warm up edges  then apply  vinyl  wallpaper  adhesive with a small artist brush , I don't think i would attempt to remove the full cover strips unless absolutely necessary  as the main wall covering could be damaged , will post and tell if successful or not . 

Not used our new to us Compass yet purchased it in December 2019 brought it home and hasn't moved , but we are hoping to be away in three weeks subject to lockdown being eased  on July 4th . 

On 20/06/2020 at 20:24, Lozza57 said:

I've got the same problem on my 2015 Affinity 550 and it's fairly common across all manufacturers I think.  I've tried heating with a hairdryer and it did stick back but this only lasted a short while.  I've bought a reel of tape recently from Kenmore who were advertising it on eBay (joint cover strip tape).  There are several patterns and I found one that's the same as mine.  I'll keep this as a back up but will try to refix the existing tape first - there's nothing wrong with it other than the peeling edges. 

I tried the hairdryer trick last year, and it worked, but only for a short time. I've found the correct wallboard tape on ebay (I think), so I'll post results when it arrives and if it is the same stuff. My opinion is that the tape will always need replacement every few years, as the wallboard finish is highly textured vinyl and designed to be easy clean and non-stick, so there is a major design issue with using a self adhesive tape to cover gaps. Typical lack of good design from the UK caravan industry. There can never be a seal between the back of the tape and the front of the wallboard due to the textured finish, so air will always penetrate and the edges will lift as the adhesive dries out.  I thought about using a different glue or sealant on the edges, but there is no going back from that, and if it makes a mess it will probably be impossible to remove the tape without ruining the wallboard. 

Land Rover Discovery Sport pulling a 2017 Compass Camino 554