Jump to content
Mr Plodd

ALDI are running their camping equipment event next week (25th)

Recommended Posts

On 22/06/2020 at 16:04, Mr Plodd said:

Why do so many feel there is a “need” to put anything (other than water) in their caravan flush tank when they don’t do the same at home? 

 

Serious question :unsure:

 

Andy

 

 

 

Marketing.  It's on the shelf at a caravan accessory shop telling you what it's for therefore folks assume they need it without questioning it.  We used to use it but now use fabric softener.  We use it do help keep the toilet bowl clean, plastic caravan bowls tend to stain quicker that the porcelain bowls of a home toilet and my logic(?) is that some form of soap will help clean the bowl on flushing.  I don't know whether it's true but for the sake of a £1 value bottle of Tesco's finest el-cheapo conditioner I'll keep using it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2020 at 20:48, JanandJay said:

Anyone had a problem with the pink fluid Aldi sell?

Yes, I got some last time this was around and was really disappointed.  Didn't break up the "solids" like the blue stuff and wife said it the bathroom smelt after the "sluice gate" had been operated. Back to the blue stuff for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lukijb said:

Yes, I got some last time this was around and was really disappointed.  Didn't break up the "solids" like the blue stuff and wife said it the bathroom smelt after the "sluice gate" had been operated. Back to the blue stuff for me!

 

The pink stuff is not intended to replace the blue and will not digest anything, it goes in the flush tank to help keep the bowl clean and smelling fresh. You still add blue to the holding tank. 

 

3 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

 

Marketing.  It's on the shelf at a caravan accessory shop telling you what it's for therefore folks assume they need it without questioning it.  We used to use it but now use fabric softener.  We use it do help keep the toilet bowl clean, plastic caravan bowls tend to stain quicker that the porcelain bowls of a home toilet and my logic(?) is that some form of soap will help clean the bowl on flushing.  I don't know whether it's true but for the sake of a £1 value bottle of Tesco's finest el-cheapo conditioner I'll keep using it.

 

I doubt most caravanners are that gullible, though we do like our gadgets I guess. For me it makes sense as there is far less flush water going through the caravan toilet than those in the house and having been without it on occasion when we have run out mid holiday then the bathroom does tend to smell fresher when we use it. 

 

I also find it helps to repel the klingons, if you know what I mean. 

Edited by PMW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lukijb said:

Yes, I got some last time this was around and was really disappointed.  Didn't break up the "solids" like the blue stuff and wife said it the bathroom smelt after the "sluice gate" had been operated. Back to the blue stuff for me!

 

The Aldi pink fluid is for the flush tank only and should be used in conjunction with the blue stuff in the tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

 

Marketing.  It's on the shelf at a caravan accessory shop telling you what it's for therefore folks assume they need it without questioning it.  We used to use it but now use fabric softener.  We use it do help keep the toilet bowl clean, plastic caravan bowls tend to stain quicker that the porcelain bowls of a home toilet and my logic(?) is that some form of soap will help clean the bowl on flushing.  I don't know whether it's true but for the sake of a £1 value bottle of Tesco's finest el-cheapo conditioner I'll keep using it.

Yet when we first got our van and it had that useless Dometic toilet with a so-called ceramic bowl, it stained much more easily than any plastic Thetford model that we had used in the past. Now that it has been replaced with a Thetford which uses water from the caravan internal tank, obviously we don't use any additives in the flush.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PMW said:

Don't forget the motor mover, emove 200 for £499


I'm after a mover, this appears well priced. Anyone have any experience of the emove?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we have the EMove 303. Very happy with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, B3nnl said:


I'm after a mover, this appears well priced. Anyone have any experience of the emove?

Emove don't list the e200 on their website. just the 203

So does that mean Aldi are shifting their surplus out of date stock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

Yes, we have the EMove 303. Very happy with it.

 

ditto, we have a 303 and very happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pink and Blue Toilet Fluid are £5.99 each in Aldi.  I normally wait until the following week when it is reduced!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just order another pack of Elsan Double. I get 3 times as much out of it than the Aldi rubbish. 

I'll of saved myself over £17 on the equivalent. 

Only draw back is I use more blue than pink. 

So always end up with an odd bottle that I sell on

e41.jpg

  • I agree completely 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JanandJay said:

Just order another pack of Elsan Double. I get 3 times as much out of it than the Aldi rubbish. 

I'll of saved myself over £17 on the equivalent. 

Only draw back is I use more blue than pink. 

So always end up with an odd bottle that I sell on

e41.jpg


I do exactly the same as you, J&J.

 

Aldi and Lidl do have some good stuff, but toilet blue and caravan shampoo are definitely not amongst them 🙂

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:


I do exactly the same as you, J&J.

 

Aldi and Lidl do have some good stuff, but toilet blue and caravan shampoo are definitely not amongst them 🙂

 

John

John. The shampoo can be hit and miss. Sometimes it gets my van clean then other times not. It comes in 2 different types of bottle. The round bottle does the job, the other doesn't. So I'm assuming it's 2 different manufacturers 

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 x 2ltrs of green purchased today. This should last us what we have booked this season. I have the detergent tabs, will give them a go first!

We have never used the toilet for solid waste, but if this is the way forward, self contained will work for us. We are booking fully serviced pitches on adults only sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JanandJay said:

John. The shampoo can be hit and miss. Sometimes it gets my van clean then other times not. It comes in 2 different types of bottle. The round bottle does the job, the other doesn't. So I'm assuming it's 2 different manufacturers 

download (1).jpg

download.jpg


J&J, I bought 2 of the green bottles last year … it was like water with a miniscule amount of fairy liquid dropped in … completely and utterly useless. It was so bad that I didn’t even keep it back for ‘emergencies’ (I have a shed full of stuff like that!) … it was immediately poured down the drain.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...