Majority of CMC sites will be re-opening from early July in England and Scotland, and Wales from 1 August

It will be interesting to see which sites are involved. I can't help thinking it may only be those without a toilet block?

1 minute ago, David Patterson said:

It will be interesting to see which sites are involved. I can't help thinking it may only be those without a toilet block?

The Caravan Club have said which are opening and which are not. 

Here....

Actually I've just found the list of sites opening and it is most of them in England including those with toilet blocks!!

Er, not quite.

CMC have replied today to my query earlier in the week and they advise they are working on a COVID release date (that is non-essential travel and being permitted to stay overnight) of 4th July BUT IT IS NOT YET CONFIRMED.

30 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

Majority of CMC sites will be re-opening from early July in England and Scotland, and Wales from 1 August

Where did this information come from? There has been no confirmation of the UK Government for 4th July date for England yet as far as I know. The clubs along with the rest of us are waiting for Scotland and Wales governments to make an announcement.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ern said:

Where did this information come from? There has been no confirmation of the UK Government for 4th July date for England yet as far as I know. The clubs along with the rest of us are waiting for Scotland and Wales governments to make an announcement.  

News of the CMC sites reopening was circulated to members by email a couple of days ago and this from the website - 

image.png.d1d6fc9cfcbe5543fa7a81d926cb4df2.png

Edited by mw3230

Ern - did you not look at the link posted above by JanandJay - it is a link from the front page of the CMC website !

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/reopening-our-campsites/

We are very pleased to share with you our intention to reopen the majority of our campsites from 4 July in England and 15 July in Scotland, based on current Government guidance.

At the moment this applies to Club sites in England and Scotland only. The timescales for reopening our Club sites in Wales will be published once we have guidance from their administration.

Our network of Certificated Locations and Affiliated Sites will also be able to open from the same dates, however, our Affiliated Sites and CLs in Northern Ireland can open from 26 June.

At this moment we are not able to open all of our Club sites, however, we will constantly review whether we are able to open any more campsites in the future.

All of our campsites that are to reopen will be adapted to the new social distancing and safety requirements set out by the UK government and administrations. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our staff, members, guests and the local communities.

The same page has a list of all sites due to open - and a list of those which will not open at all this year.

Hope that helps . . . . . . . 

Posted (edited)

DerbyClubman, that is not what the OP claims though is it?

The website states the intentions to open English and Scottish sites with advice awaited from Wales. The OP claims sites in England and Scotland  WILL open in July and Wales in August.

I too would like to know where that information came from since it contradicts the CMC website. Nowhere does the CMC state sites will open.

Edited by Legal Eagle

All I was relating to was which sites the CAMC are opening and leaving closed.

I wasn't saying when they opening, as my crystal ball is in my van in storage

Fake News!

• I agree completely 1

mark drakeford  the FM for Wales, will give the next easing of lock down tomorrow,  probably  the shops will open  but not expecting much else to change,

9 minutes ago, joanie said:

mark drakeford  the FM for Wales, will give the next easing of lock down tomorrow,  probably  the shops will open  but not expecting much else to change,

I do not think there will be any announcement about sites opening in Wales. I also dont think he will change the 5 mile travel restriction.  

• I agree completely 1

4 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

hi Babs, where did you get your info from?

10 minutes ago, Ern said:

I do not think there will be any announcement about sites opening in Wales. I also dont think he will change the 5 mile travel restriction.  

Major spike in cases on Anglesey so that’s two CMC sites that won’t be reopening any time soon,

5 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

What wonderful news thanks for sharing 

Do you also know when pubs restaurants hairdressers etc are opening , just so my wife can fully prepare her return to work 

Oh and can I have Saturday's lotto number too, pretty please 😀

6 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

Wales has not been confirmed by Welsh Gov in Cardiff, they are due to announce any changes at 12.30 pm on Friday, if no announcement about sites it will be another three weeks before they do

I got my info from an email from CMC.  I'm a member

6 hours ago, Ern said:

Babs. Sorry but you have mis read the e mail which many of us have recieved.

The club has said it intends to open sites 4th July but cannot until its confirmed by Gov.

The club also said they do not know when Wales and Scotland sites will be permitted to open. 

Thanks for mentioning this, Babs.  I've read the CMC piece about re-opening, and my reading is that it's still conditional on government go-ahead. 

Nevertheless, a bloke  I met on my storage site yesterday said he'd already provisionally booked three trips to different CMC sites on the strength of the announcement. 

We phoned the  this morning as regard Black Knowl the young lady has informed us the site warden are allocating pitches.

54 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

We phoned the  this morning as regard Black Knowl the young lady has informed us the site warden are allocating pitches.

Reports from some members who are intending to go to various CMC sites tomorrow is that they were contacted by phone to agree an arrival time (from those available) and a pitch number and also prepay to make 'Super Saturday' easier to handle.

11 minutes ago, Easy T said:

Reports from some members who are intending to go to various CMC sites tomorrow is that they were contacted by phone to agree an arrival time (from those available) and a pitch number and also prepay to make 'Super Saturday' easier to handle.

I don't know how much of a 'Super Saturday' it's going to be ET.  I checked all the CMC sites in North Yorkshire, this morning and all, apart from Rowntree Park had vacancies, this weekend.  Next weekend's a different matter, though.

19 minutes ago, Easy T said:

Yes, we had a call from the site where we're heading tomorrow to discuss arrangements for us to arrive at a mutually convenient time.

John.