Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

We have booked campsite in South of France beginning of July.

Does anyone know if they are letting Brits enter France without quarantine or can you quarantine at the campsite?

 

Thanks

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks John, I know that but I‘m more interested in how strict they are.

I know someone who drove all the way to Croatian campsite without any problems.

Hopefully by the end of June the quarantine rule will change.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to quarantine for two weeks but are there any ferries? 

What do you mean by "how strict"?

You can, if you wish, completely ignore all the restrictions the French authorities put in place. They are only there to save lives, after all. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the safest place is to be at the campsite actually. Much safer than waiting in mile long queue outside Primark or being in London where all these craziness is happening which will just become worse if they continue to keep us in cages!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DanUson said:

Does anyone know if they are letting Brits enter France without quarantine or can you quarantine at the campsite?

 

France is saying they will allow quarantine free movement between Schengen countries, however if England imposes a 2 week quarantine on the French coming to the UK, then they will reciprocate for Brits going to France.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WispMan said:

You have to quarantine for two weeks but are there any ferries? 

What do you mean by "how strict"?

You can, if you wish, completely ignore all the restrictions the French authorities put in place. They are only there to save lives, after all. 

The French quarantine has nothing to do with saving lives, it's only there since UK imposes a quarantine for travellers from France.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DanUson said:

Hello

 

We have booked campsite in South of France beginning of July.

Does anyone know if they are letting Brits enter France without quarantine or can you quarantine at the campsite?

 

Thanks

Dan

I've read that the French quarantine is voluntary but don't know if that's correct.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AndersG said:

I've read that the French quarantine is voluntary but don't know if that's correct.

 

 

You are indeed correct - have a look HERE - Section 2

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Anders, I’ve heard that too.

Of course I would respect social distancing and wouldn’t go stupid like everything is normal!

Thanks Steve that is really helpful  👍

8 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

 

You are indeed correct - have a look HERE - Section 2

Thanks Steve, that is really helpful 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from the rights and wrongs of travelling there, if the F.O. advice remains the same as now you will be travelling with no travel insurance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frazerg, completely agree. FO are saying essential travel and until this changes travel insurance is void.  Not worth the risk as far as I am concerned.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If quarantine rules are in place, why would anyone not follow them. The aim is to not spread the virus so if you took it to France and did not quarantine then you could cause an outbreak there. If I was in France I would not want you quarantining on my site and using its facilities. Similarly when you return to the UK, if you did not do the 2 week quarantine you could spread it here as well as get a £1000 fine, presumably that would be for every one in your party, not a group charge. As it stands your holiday will include 4 weeks of quarantine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Campsite  we visit is open but only 4 people allowed in pool, bar and restaurant area has restrictions, grassed areas around site including children’s play area has restrictions, small shop on site has restrictions.  Then think of the town and villages around which will also have similar restrictions.  It won’t be the same but things are moving so quickly at the moment that in mid July it could all look different but I suspect not a lot.  

 

Bergamo

We sadly are still recording deaths so the virus is still in the UK, I’m not sure many countries want us visiting yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul1957 said:

If quarantine rules are in place, why would anyone not follow them. The aim is to not spread the virus so if you took it to France and did not quarantine then you could cause an outbreak there. If I was in France I would not want you quarantining on my site and using its facilities. Similarly when you return to the UK, if you did not do the 2 week quarantine you could spread it here as well as get a £1000 fine, presumably that would be for every one in your party, not a group charge. As it stands your holiday will include 4 weeks of quarantine.

I don’t mind as long as I get away from here.

Lying in a lounger in the sun 20 meters away from the sea with beer in my hand, BBQ every day for 2 weeks sounds better than spending  a summer in my garden 😀
Working from home for last 2 months so don’t really care for another 2 weeks when I get back neither!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We`ve been going to the same site in the autumn in the South of France for nearly twenty years (we do go touring elsewhere in the Spring) but have given it up this year. The Cote d`Azur is relatively crowded and we use trains/buses so its not worth it plus the ferry is an added risk before you even get over there, so a staycation this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may be wrong,

A work college who has a house in of Spain has said. (We are still in work NHS Wales) Our Government has lockdown. so if you disobey our rule, about distance to travel and the rest, you don't have VED or Insurance. So if this is true you are driving illegally. As it Stands here in Wales 5 mile essential trip. Wales is NOT open for tourists!

Edited by David P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, David P said:

I may be wrong,

A work college who has a house in of Spain has said. (We are still in work NHS Wales) Our Government has lockdown. so if you disobey our rule, about distance to travel and the rest, you don't have VED or Insurance. So if this is true you are driving illegally. As it Stands here in Wales 5 mile essential trip. Wales is NOT open for tourists!

We live in smallish village with a small village shop, the nearest supermarket is 21 miles away (shortest route). This must be the same (or worse) for some villages  in Wales, is there any expectations to the 5 mile rule?

Edited by PaulR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PaulR said:

We live in smallish village with a small village shop, the nearest supermarket is 21 miles away (shortest route). This must be the same (or worse) for some villages  in Wales, is there any expectations to the 5 mile rule?

I don't know where you live, but I guess your government's website would be the best place to find out rather than hearsay on the forum - just my opinion you understand but there does seem to be a lot of wishful thinking going on.

 

Do your own interpretation of the rules, rather than relying on someone else's. Here they are foe England - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Edited by matelodave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DanUson said:

I don’t mind as long as I get away from here.

Lying in a lounger in the sun 20 meters away from the sea with beer in my hand, BBQ every day for 2 weeks sounds better than spending  a summer in my garden 😀
Working from home for last 2 months so don’t really care for another 2 weeks when I get back neither!

Forget holidays m8, join a stampede for a new pair of Nike's then you can wear them for a spot of un social distancing protests, then have a nice drive up to Durham to test your eyesight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what Iv read the last  few days on various google articles the french quarantine is voluntary and the spainish atm will be welcoming brits back after the 1july

 

so I am very confident of making my tunnel crossing on the 18 July for  one week in France and 5 in Spain, hopefully

By  the 1 sep any uk quarantine will be over 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meteodave, I think you missed the question,

As I live in England its no problem for me, I was just asking about Wales after reading  David P post.  I cannot see how a 5 miles can be enforced if you have no shops anywhere near. Exceptions must be accepted as it was in England.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, chris76 said:

From what Iv read the last  few days on various google articles the french quarantine is voluntary and the spainish atm will be welcoming brits back after the 1july

 

so I am very confident of making my tunnel crossing on the 18 July for  one week in France and 5 in Spain, hopefully

By  the 1 sep any uk quarantine will be over 

 

 

We are definitely making our ferry crossing on 4th of July. Campsite in France emailed us confirming that they are open for business and  P&O also confirmed that they are sailing as normal.

We have P&O season ticket so we are planning 3 trips to Europe this year,  Sofro - July,  Croatia - August and Holland - September.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DanUson said:

We are definitely making our ferry crossing on 4th of July. Campsite in France emailed us confirming that they are open for business and  P&O also confirmed that they are sailing as normal.

We have P&O season ticket so we are planning 3 trips to Europe this year,  Sofro - July,  Croatia - August and Holland - September.

Exactly same here, also hopefully there’ll be caravans buzzing about everywhere by then, going to the uk sites,

cant see France and Spain turning down British Tourist money either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...