Bailey Unicorn Cabrera Series 3 fitted as standard

Just a general enquiry in preparation of purchasing a 2017 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera series 3 - Can you confirm if the tracker, alarm, alko wheel locks fitted at factory as standard.  Also is there a locking wheel nut adapter?

The series 3 Unicorn only has a Tracker Retrieve, which as far as I'm concerned is as good as useless. You have to know that the van has been nicked and then you need to contact Tracker to get it activated. It's only got a life of between four and five years - we never bothered with ours in our Cadiz (in fact it's now not even in the van anymore)

IMO It's a bit late if it got pinched a fortnight or a month ago from storage or even  overnight from your drive - they'd be well away by then. See here and then determine whether £149 a year subs is worth it - https://www.tracker.co.uk/products/retrieve-battery-powered

Unicorns do come with ALKO wheel locks and the WSL wheel bolt should have an adapter - they aren't really locking nuts as all the adapters are the same but they'd certainly slow someone down who didn't have one

• I agree completely 1

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Our 2018 Swift has a Tracker as standard, the CMC insurance give a discount for this.  I get a £30 discount from my yearly premium and the Tracker yearly renewal is £100...……..  I won't be renewing it next year.

Ours is constantly monitored, if the caravan is stolen Tracker ring me instantly to report it (we keep ours at home).  On one journey out I forgot to disarm it and I got a phone call from Tracker advising me the caravan had moved, I realised it was my fault and told them.  This phone call came in ONE HOUR into my journey, a thief could have been a long way away by then.  Tracker couldn't explain this, I won't be using them again.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Metelodave - Thank you for your quick response this is very helpful.  Do you know if the alarm is fitted too as standard, looking at the manual on line I assume it is?. We are currently upgrading and currently have a Bailey Pageant 2004 so a little green when it comes to the newer vans

GaryB1969 thank you for your response, if there is only a £30 discount maybe not worth renewing the tracker service, especially as the response rate is slow :(

10 minutes ago, Patzy said:

GaryB1969 thank you for your response, if there is only a £30 discount maybe not worth renewing the tracker service, especially as the response rate is slow :(

Others have been notified very quickly, but for me this was the one and only time I'd forgotten to disarm it and the response time was awful. 

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

As Fraser600 says there is no alarm on the U3. The U1 had one (Tracker Monitor), dunno about the U2, the U3 definitely does not and I'm not sure about the U4 either.

The Bailey Handbooks seems to cover all options (a bit like car ones) so the fact that there's info about it in the handbook doesn't actually meant that one was fitted

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Thankyou all for your responses will check for alarm when we pick up. Are the alarms easy to fit?

10 minutes ago, Patzy said:

Thankyou all for your responses will check for alarm when we pick up. Are the alarms easy to fit?

Depends how handy you are and what sort of alarm you want. If it requires a lot of wiring then it's not all that easy to run it all round the caravan without it being visible. There are wireless alarms that might do the job and you should be aware that you'll probably have to connect them into the van's electrical system or battery.

As the U3 has a solar panel it shouldn't be a problem with discharging the van battery (unless you put a cover over it or store it inside a building.

I'm sure that a dealer or alarm fitter can do the job for a fee

Thankyou Matelodave, I have a husband who is "H"Andy :) who may be able to sort. 

I fitted a Haegil Alarm Here to our van.  Fairly easy to fit - but the Knaus does have the advantage of having all the wiring in ducts, which I was able to use to make a neat installation.  I did have an issue with the tilt sensor and ended up fitting an external one as opposed to that built into the control box and the assistance I got from Haegil in this regard was excellent.  Having a tilt sensor does attract a reasonable insurance discount from CMC which will cover the cost of purchase in just over two years.

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Our U2 Vigo had tracker and alarm, as does our current U4.

We traded a Pegasus 534 for the Vigo. One morning we received a call from Tracker quoting the VIN , I was sure it wasn't for the Unicorn so checked, it was the Pegasus!

I had to call the dealer who agreed to contact the new owner.

I had de registered that van, but Tracker  had 2 vans registered to me! The very helpful guy updated the system there and then. We gave the dealer all docs for the van on changeover.

At least we know the system works. I just hope the new owner had not lost his caravan.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

The U4 Cabrera has Tracker and Alarm, Alko Wheel Lock, locking wheel nuts (unlike a car the adapter is needed for each wheel nut), ATC, all as standard...

Edited by Guzzilazz

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

29 minutes ago, Guzzilazz said:

The U4 Cabrera has Tracker and Alarm, Alko Wheel Lock, locking wheel nuts (unlike a car the adapter is needed for each wheel nut), ATC, all as standard...

Which version of Tracker - if it's Tracker Retrieve then IMO it's a waste of time having it because you have to notify Tracker that you vehicle has gone missing so they can activate it and start tracking. It does not (AFAIK) notify them that the van has been moved or that the alarm has be triggered - you need Tracker Monitor to do that.

7 hours ago, matelodave said:

Which version of Tracker - if it's Tracker Retrieve then IMO it's a waste of time having it because you have to notify Tracker that you vehicle has gone missing so they can activate it and start tracking. It does not (AFAIK) notify them that the van has been moved or that the alarm has be triggered - you need Tracker Monitor to do that.

Full version...

Larry from Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera 2017 Kuga 2. 0 TDCi 150

21 minutes ago, Guzzilazz said:

Full version...

Interesting that because my March 2015 built U3 only has the Tracker Retrieve  and no alarm.  

According to the Bailey "feature" list for the new Alicanto they have a Tracker Retrieve but the detailed spec says it's a Monitor with an alarm - so I'll be interested to see what they actually fit when we get ours.

Perhaps they updated the U3 with a better system as the original was a waste of space , although it's not much bigger than a mobile phone and doesn't get in the way of anything (except mine did when I installed an extra socket :rolleyes:) They did do a small facelift to the U3 (you can tell by the location of the van name, earlier U3's have it high up and later ones have it lower down)

I might be tempted to pay the sub for the Monitor but not for a Retrieve as I can't really see the point.

Edited by matelodave

We have a U4 Seville 2018 and it too has full (monitored) Tracker/alarm, and has locking wheel nuts albeit there is no code variation on them!

Many say they don't want Tracker if they have to pay an annual sub, but you can pay one sub that keeps it going as long as you have the caravan and its only about twice an annual sub. What is more IIRC you can get it cheaper still through the CMC.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville