Hi all just had a email off them to say as from Monday the 15 you can visit your van you need to phone up and make an appointment when you would like to go they will give you a time slot of 1 hour to check your van you need to bring your own tools with you if need to do anything they will let 2 people per car in but one must stop in car by van  the rest of the site will be closed until they are told they can open this is for England only just info for you

Regards paul

I can't really understand this appointment system for storage sites.

Our storage takes about 900 vans on a large location and when visiting under normal circumstances it is unusual to see anyone else there,least of all in close proximity,but you have to make an appointment etc.

Appears to be a bit of overkill,if it was packed out with people fair enough,but it isn't.

Made an appointment and visited last week,only two people present.

Ian

4 minutes ago, Tandem Man said:

I can't really understand this appointment system for storage sites.

Made an appointment and visited last week,only two people present.

Ian

because you made an appointment.

Ern

This is total overkill imho. My storage just let’s you turn up as and when . I went yesterday and saw no one which is usual but if I did turn up and the person next to us was there I would just wait until they had finished doing what they were doing. Can you imagine what it will be like from the 4th July onwards when people want to take their caravans out of storage to go away? The world has gone mad!

• I agree completely 1

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

10 hours ago, Tandem Man said:

I can't really understand this appointment system for storage sites......

......Made an appointment and visited last week,only two people present.

Ian

Our CaSSOA storage site has 200+ caravans, has been open for a number of weeks with no appointments needed, just turn up.

Went up for two consecutive full days last week to wash ,wax etc.

2 owners there on first day and 3 on the second.

Not a problem.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

at the moment the CMC sites are not open so I suppose that is the reason for having to make appointments to access your caravan. The storage we use has never been closed , as far as we know, because we have a card swipe system.

Storage sites are that big that social distancing is difficult to not follow. I can not understand why the second person has to sit in the car in the CMC case mentioned by the op. I usually go alone to our caravan and if Mrs P did go she would often sit in the car and listen to the radio since most jobs are mine.

A 1 hour time slot seems a bit short, when I go to ours a bit of cleaning/vacuuming/checking tyres/damp check can easily take more than this and then there is sitting down, looking out the windows and dreaming of holidays to come. Access to our site is by key fob that opens a barrier and a gate so I can go whenever I want.

Edited by Paul1957
13 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

Storage sites are that big that social distancing is difficult to not follow. I can not understand why the second person has to sit in the car in the CMC case mentioned by the op. I usually go alone to our caravan and if Mrs P did go she would often sit in the car and listen to the radio since most jobs are mine.

A 1 hour time slot seems a bit short, when I go to ours a bit of cleaning/vacuuming/checking tyres/damp check can easily take more than this and then there is sitting down, looking out the windows and dreaming of holidays to come. Access to our site is by key fob that opens a barrier and a gate so I can go whenever I want.

You may not understand why some of the rules have been implement but it's usually to try adn accommodate the cretins who cant follow simple common sense and need to be policed with a heavy hand.

Unfortunately it also affects the rest of us who do still have a some of what we were born with

• I agree completely 2

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning