News on 2021 Swift models?

Dayo40

If would appear that dealers are rapidly selling all 2020 models and there will be no more produced. Does anyone know if the 2021 models will have any significant changes or will Swift continue to produce the same specs and layouts for another year

Noyone will know till the autumn when the 2021 models come out. 

• I agree completely 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I always thought they stopped production about July or August for that year ‘ Then started next year’s model’s to have them for the show at the end of the year , I may be a bit out with the exact dates but i am pretty sure under normal circumstances you would be able to purchase a 2021 model in September October so as they have stopped production because this virus when they get back I think they would start on the 2021 models 

The Lawns Show September 2020, now moved to Harrogate from Hull, is reported as being cancelled. Normally Lawns is usually the launch show for many builders. Strange times.

Link :-

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/newsandevents/shows-and-exhibitions/the-lawns-show/

I collected 2019 new swift in February 2019 And they never made any changes for 2020  so I would imagine there may be changes 2021 

Comparing my 2019 Elegance with the 2020 version I could only find three differences:

Different fridge.

Different oven.

Raised MPTLM.

So nothing to get excited about.

Why does everyone want changes every year, that's what makes the spares situation precarious

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 3

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s hoping they re-introduce the French Bed rear bathroom Challenger 570 model. I think the Bailey equivalent is the Unicorn and it’s one of their best selling layouts. I’m not keen on the island or transverse bed models so every year it’s fingers crossed. 

Our 2020 MY dealer special Sprite Super Quattro EB was built in July 2019 ( per all the build certificates provided at delivery)purchased at NEC October for November  2019 delivery!

Difficult to know if there will be anything significant this year. With the factories shut down you would assume the design team will have either been furloughed or worked from home. This must limit what could be done so possibly apart from some cosmetic changes I would not expect a lot. The model year will change for models to be released for sale from September so the vin number may be the difference on some.

• 1 month later...

I am hoping that they launch a Swift Elegance Grand with the L Shape Front and 835 Rear, but I would also like to be able to fit a Bike Rack....fingers crossed. 

I wonder whether there will be any new models for the 2021 model year. The Swift factory, as did all the others, closed completely in March. Swift started to open again in May/June with the absolute minimum of staff to provide some dealer and customer support but no production activity. According to their website full factory reopening is 1st September.

Non in legendo sed in intelligendo leges consistunt.

The laws depend not on being read, but on being understood.

On 04/06/2020 at 16:20, Dayo40 said:

If would appear that dealers are rapidly selling all 2020 models and there will be no more produced. Does anyone know if the 2021 models will have any significant changes or will Swift continue to produce the same specs and layouts for another year

the only thing i have found out is the 21 challenger 560 may be a different model number. the island bed at the rear is going to be transverse.with an upholstery change. same body with new grafics

• 1 month later...

Went to my (Swift) dealer yesterday and their yard was empty. They have sold every caravan they had, new and 2nd hand. They aren't expecting delivery of any new caravans until January. So whilst they have no doubt made some money and probably not had to discount any caravans, they won't have any more to sell for over three months.

14 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Went to my (Swift) dealer yesterday and their yard was empty. They have sold every caravan they had, new and 2nd hand. They aren't expecting delivery of any new caravans until January. So whilst they have no doubt made some money and probably not had to discount any caravans, they won't have any more to sell for over three months.

I drove past our local dealer on Saturday and noticed he’d moved his stock around, parking them at different angles to make the empty spaces less noticeable.

Went past Salop Leisure on the A5 last week and they seemed to have loads of caravans and motorhomes all over the place. 

• 2 weeks later...

From snippets I have seen on Swindon Caravans website and on Twitter looks like the Eccles range has gone for 2021 and the Challenger has had a facelift with a more upgraded front panel which looks great.  Challengers also have ALDE heating as standard.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP