Sign in to follow this  
Benny65

Bourton-on-the-Water Caravan Club Site

Anyone been here with a dog?

Trying to book up something for September (fingers crossed) and this looks a nice quiet site but need to walk a 2 year old lab.It shows an on and off site dog walk in the site details but would like to know if anyone has more details on the off site walks.

Thanks

Yes, this was our first ever trip away in our caravan with our chocolate Labrador way back in May 2004!  My wife was pregnant and our lab' was only 7 months old so was quite lively!  The site is on the trackbed of an old railway line, bits of which can be walked in places.  If you walk out of the site and turn right then right again there is a long walk across the fields following the direction of the old line, it's ideal BUT can be very muddy in places.  Although the site is called Bourton-on-the-Water it is a fair way outside the town with nothing really in walking distance.

We have only been the once about 15 or so years ago our little cocker spaniel bit the site warden, he was tethered on a lead, the warden lean over me the dog warned him twice, but he laughed, we never went back.

We were there last year or the year before!

Nice site, but some way out of Bourton on the Water.

No toilet block if I remember rightly. A few seasonal vans on site.

Was an old Railway line. If you ask at the office they have books of photos of when it was a railway!

Bus runs past the site!

It is in the middle of country side, so while I have not taken a dog I cannot see any problem.

It is a very loose suggestion by the CMC to say the site is in Bourton-On-The-Water as it is a distance away from there.

The dog walk is a narrow pathway across the back of the site, not very long and I wouldn't want to let the dog off the lead as it wasn't securely fenced when we went.

But as said you are in the countryside and there is plenty of space to let the dog off.