Sign in to follow this  
german in the blood

Morris leisure

Had an email today from Morris leisure about the dates they are reopening , Shropshire 14th July and the welsh sites 1st August .

Hope they will as there nice sites.

We had booked the riverside site a couple of years ago and had to cancel, due to the wife having back problem. I rang and explained and they were very helpful, We went last year and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

We love them; went to Stanmore hall for new year-wonderful and Llanberis is brilliantly placed too. Getting excited thinking about it!

I'd booked for 19 April, but obviously cancelled.  Have now re-booked for 26 July

Unlikely that services will be open by that date though. :(

Ludlow site is nice, we have been a couple of times, its less than an hour for us with van.

We actually went to Ludlow for a drive the other day had a nice walk around and found a cafe doing takeaway coffee and home made pies! Sat in park and ate them. Its a lovely town.

The food centre on the outskirts of the town is worth a visit, great locally sourced meat and home made cheeses, cafe too.

One of the things I like about caravanning is you visit areas you would not normally think of. One holiday we had a few weeks away starting at Stanmore and liked the site being one of the better ones, then on to Winchester which needed refurbishing and Teversal which had recently been done. Thinking about it all gives me itchy feet and wanting to get out again.

• Like 1

We like Stanmore Hall and have been there several times over the past 13 years - the first time was when our Grandaughter was born and we went up to see her( and her new parents) in Wolverhampton.

What I like is the Adults only bit for when we don't have the kids with us and the rest of it when we do. We had a superb pitch overlooking the lake a couple of years ago with the best weather imaginable - pure bliss.

We want to try out their Ludlow site but for some reason we've not yet managed to fit it in, hopefully next year when everything has calmed down a bit.

• Like 1

Have the respective Governments given permission for them to open and just as important us to be able to travel?