Sign in to follow this  
towandfro

Looking For A Seasonal Pitch Dorset/Devon Border

Hi all,

I'm looking for a seasonal pitch for my Lunar Delta RS in the Dorset/Devon border area. Any suggestions please?

I don't think the sites are even open yet and in normal times, seasonal sites are all taken by this time of the year. 

But best of luck. 

Thanks Wispman. Found a couple taking bookings but not realy suitable. I'll keep looking/phoning!!!!!

UKCS.co.uk has a filter to find seasonal pitches on their campsite search section - and also marks them a map for each of those two counties so that you can choose the area you want.

1 hour ago, towandfro said:

Thanks Wispman. Found a couple taking bookings but not realy suitable. I'll keep looking/phoning!!!!!

At many  good sites, mainly small ones, where I have my van, North Wales , there are sometimes waiting lists for seasonal pitches due to customers booking for the next year at the end of their holidays.

It remains to be seen when Covid allows normal, or as near as, to allow sites to reopen how it will pan out, there may be those who have to cancel due to financial constraints, lost jobs, on the other hand there may be many who normally go abroad in their caravan and those who do package holidays purchasing a caravan to holiday in the UK

It will be interesting times for the next couple of years no doubt.

There is Bagwell Farm on the outskirts of Weymouth that is seasonal but can be used all year, the same with Portesham Dairy Farm which is a bit further out. Both you can choose between grass and hardstanding and the facilities you want on the pitch. Bagwell has a small shop on site and a very impressive toilet block although the older blocks are basic. Not relevant at the moment but they have a bar/restaurant on site and a pub just down the road. Portesham has a Farm shop/deli just outside the site which is very ntce and a very popular pub when its open. There are several between Seaton and Sidmouth on the coast road costs vary significantly (we asked last year at several of them). Manor Farm in Seaton is very much a back to basic site but with wonderful views over the Axe estuary and out to sea, site is very sloped but each caravan has a good amount of space and the site builds you a decked area for your awning or larger if you want a social area. Washblock is quite old and unheated but this year they have fitted a tap between each pair of caravans (not for permanent connection). There is a shop on site which sells local produce and meat from the on site farm and a farm walk.

Portesham has 'live' pitch availability on their website the rest you would need to email or phone.

Thanks for all the help folks. Phoning round today, will let you all know how it pans out.

We talked to one of the club's but they said they did not accept any more seasonal bookings for this year since they expected to get a lot of guests when they are allowed to open.

Ladram Bay - 01395 568398

2019 rate was £3600, not sure of 2020