Police are fighting a losing battle with campers

16 hours ago, wohnwagen said:

Townie has it slightly wrong, David Jamison is not a Chief Constable but is the ex Labour MP for Plymouth and currently the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Midlands. 
Easily confused but might explain the views expressed.

I apologise for my mistake. Blame it on my age, (that's my excuse):blink::blink:

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why on earth would you expect public toilets to be disinfected after every use. What planet are you living on?  Too many people have become so paranoid over this. Firstly the guidance is a guidance no

Come on Ern it was quite clever  and a bit funny ,but I thought it was true  Thanks for pointing that out to me    Just out of curiosity what were the clues that it was made up 

Not clever and not funny. I assume its also not true.

Posted Images

Don’t worry about it, I only happened to know because he often features in local TV news.........

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Joeblogs said:

image.png.d304553f3f942c87badbaf0a78c4479c.png

To be fair, those bins are a bit too high up for the dogs to use, my dog struggles to lift the lid on the bins in our local park. 

3 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

To be fair, those bins are a bit too high up for the dogs to use, my dog struggles to lift the lid on the bins in our local park. 

I didn't notice they were dog bins, good grief .BTW , sounds like you have your dog well trained, now for the rest of them...take your rubbish home!

19 hours ago, Townie said:

Football is due to start again on June 17th. Oh joy.

Football's coming home, it's coming home!!!

18 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

prove they have a bunch of stupid media journalists outside their home invading their privacy, and provide evidence to prove they  and their family have received death threats

Which only happened after his blatant flaunting of the lock down rules, though that said I cannot agree with threats of any kind. However his actions have destroyed the Prime Minister's ongoing message that we are all in this together, clearly not quite all of us. 

The difference in the messages being given by the four countries of the United Kingdom does have me thinking that devolution has gone one step too far, or that their should be a mechanism whereby the Her Majesty's Government can assume authority in situations like this and impose a single message across the whole union. 

We have a pitch booked in Wales for mid July, and are hoping it is judged safe and sensible to travel. The company concerned, Park Dean are being very good indeed, can't thank them enough. They have said if Wales is still in lockdown we can swap to an English site if they are open, postpone or cancel with a refund. My wife is a little concerned however that sites might be open but suffering hostility from locals who resent tourists visiting. 

• Like 1

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

********* Naughty Step Aficionado And Grand Collector Of Naughty Points *********

The motorhomers are back at the bottom of our road. There are now 4 of them overnighting pretty much every night.

No spectators in football grounds will be very strange, not that I have any interest in the game.

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

1 hour ago, PMW said:

However his actions have destroyed the Prime Minister's ongoing message that we are all in this together, clearly not quite all of us. 

The difference in the messages being given by the four countries of the United Kingdom does have me thinking that devolution has gone one step too far, or that their should be a mechanism whereby the Her Majesty's Government can assume authority in situations like this and impose a single message across the whole union. 

We all remember the old Communist party in Russia. "We're all equal, but some are more equal than others".

As for the idea that HM Government should be able to impose a single message across the union, I'm not sure that I totally agree with that idea. Although I live in Wales and am thus, still under lockdown, I think that Boris has relaxed the lockdown a little too much too soon. A restriction on travelling distance of say 50 miles would have been preferable, (and would have stopped Mr Cummings drive, along with others). I'm with Mark Drakeford and his continued lockdown regulations in Wales, (at least until his promised announcement this afternoon), it's a shame that he's such a buffoon over other unrelated matters.

• I agree completely 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Just off at a tangent, but the situation in South Korea doesn't bode well for reducing lockdown.

I think there will be many experts following this minutely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52845015

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, alan29 said:

The motorhomers are back at the bottom of our road. There are now 4 of them overnighting pretty much every night.

REPORT REPORT REPORT !

We are told that we, "cannot go on holiday, visit and stay overnight at a holiday home or second home"

So I will say it again

REPORT REPORT REPORT !

• Like 1

If you don't like something but can't change it, change the way you think about it.

3 hours ago, PMW said:

We have a pitch booked in Wales for mid July, and are hoping it is judged safe and sensible to travel. The company concerned, Park Dean are being very good indeed, can't thank them enough. They have said if Wales is still in lockdown we can swap to an English site if they are open, postpone or cancel with a refund. My wife is a little concerned however that sites might be open but suffering hostility from locals who resent tourists visiting. 

We had a pitch booked with them for May in Scotland, they cancelled us. However we have to wait for 45 days from the start of our "stay" for the refund, when it arrives they will have had the total cost of our stay for 4 months. :mellow:

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

3 hours ago, Campervan said:

REPORT REPORT REPORT !

We are told that we, "cannot go on holiday, visit and stay overnight at a holiday home or second home"

So I will say it again

REPORT REPORT REPORT !

I wonder what's happening to people  who live in their motorhomes and caravans all year ?

On 29/05/2020 at 16:51, joanie said:

I wonder what's happening to people  who live in their motorhomes and caravans all year ?

They are just getting harassment from locals and police and forced to move on and some everyday which is defeating the lock down by continually moving to different areas ?

The YouTube channels are full of full timers being moved on .

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The CMHC have Sites open for essential workers and full timers.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

IanV8 has just reminded me that there are some sites open to accommodate the full timers. I have read that those who live full time on leisure sites are to be allowed to stay and the police / council  are allowing travellers on to 'designated sites'. 

Some who live a nomadic lifestyle in vans could probably not afford cmhc site fees, sad to see some are being abused for it.