Police are fighting a losing battle with campers

I don't think you realise how long the virus will last on various surfaces. That is why you have to clean and disinfect every time. Without fail. 

• I agree completely 2

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why on earth would you expect public toilets to be disinfected after every use. What planet are you living on?  Too many people have become so paranoid over this. Firstly the guidance is a guidance no

Come on Ern it was quite clever  and a bit funny ,but I thought it was true  Thanks for pointing that out to me    Just out of curiosity what were the clues that it was made up 

Not clever and not funny. I assume its also not true.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wonkydonkey said:

Why on earth would you expect public toilets to be disinfected after every use. What planet are you living on? 

Have you not been paying attention to the information released by our government? What planet are YOU living on? :angry:

ExTenter

9 minutes ago, WispMan said:

I don't think you realise how long the virus will last on various surfaces. That is why you have to clean and disinfect every time. Without fail. 

So can you please tell us how long the virus lasts on various surfaces. I assume you know for all surfaces  

6 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I finished it off with  - M'Lord, to suggest it was a poor excuse from someone who had been prosecuted.

Yes I saw that but didnt rumble it. Sorry.

• Like 1

Ern

1 minute ago, stephendutton63 said:

So can you please tell us how long the virus lasts on various surfaces. I assume you know for all surfaces  

We are told up to 72 hours on a hard surface such as a loo seat. 48 hours on typical door handles and 24 hours on soft furnishing.

HolidayMaker

Come rain or shine - we love our caravan!

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ExTenter said:

Have you not been paying attention to the information released by our government? What planet are YOU living on? :angry:

ExTenter

I’m pretty sure he has been paying attention. It’s all about washing your hands after doing ‘things’ . Quite simple really. 

31 minutes ago, WispMan said:

I would say what it means is you have to wash your hands after touching something that might possibly have been contaminated- without fail. The world would grind to a halt if every single surface that had been touched by a person was cleaned and disinfected before being touched by another person. 

Edited by Fat Albert
  • I agree completely 1
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Fat Albert said:

It’s all about washing your hands after doing ‘things’ . Quite simple really. 

29 minutes ago, Fat Albert said:

I would say what it means is you have to wash your hands after touching something that might possibly have been contaminated- without fail. The world would grind to a halt if every single surface that had been touched by a person was cleaned and disinfected before being touched by another person. 

I used to work in the chemical industry and it was normal to wash hands before and after going to the toilet so nasties were not transferred to your bits. At one place we were shown photos of cancers resulting from people not washing chemicals off hands, not something easily forgotten. Double washing might be a good idea for the virus since if it is picked up on hands it would be transferred to everything touched if not washed off so that includes zips/buttons.

Edited by Paul1957
  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 1
1 hour ago, LeadFarmer said:

My butler washes my hands for me.

but does he wash his hands?

I've stuck to the guidelines rigorously, but still went down with symptoms of COVID-19 at the end of April. At that time testing was only available for key workers, we the plebian masses were simply told to stay at home and only contact the NHS if we could not manage the symptoms at home. I have subsequently been tested as the school wanted confirmation that I was clear before accepting our eldest back on Monday. I was tested on Saturday and had the all clear on Sunday. I was off my feet for two days, really ill for a couple of days after that but my temperature was back to normal by day 5. We observed the correct isolation process and nobody we know has gone down with it. Of course I can't be sure that is was covid 19, only an antibody test if and when they become available will confirm that.

The point is you can do everything to stop the virus but it can still get you. Even if you lock yourself away completely it could enter your home on shopping deliveries, mail, parcels etc. 

Thankfully I'm recovering daily, but still have a persistent cough which is now more annoying than really distressing, which is was for a time, extremely violent and virtually unstoppable. rattled the brain and gave me a constant migraine. 

Mercedes E350 CDi AMG Cabriolet, Lunar Freelander 640EW Twin Axle @1700kg

********* Naughty Step Aficionado And Grand Collector Of Naughty Points *********

23 hours ago, joanie said:

I agree that the life guards should be back on the beaches , even if it's just to put the red flags up to stop people getting caught in a riptide, Perranporth being a good example.  Boris has said that folk can go anywhere as long as they sleep in their own bed at night, in that sense, you could travel a long way , therefore I say that the public toilets should be open, there are a lot of people who need the toilets in a hurry. 

Did you see that next week when the tracing thing comes in, if like Weston -S-M  , if a town has a peak in covid19, then the whole town could be locked down, beaches as well.  

On most dangerous beaches there are usually several warning signs, some 6 foot by 3 foot, folk ignore them and drown !

Same with red flags, there will also be signs on those beaches , folk ignore both the signs and the red flags and drown !

Sad,but a fact of life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

On most dangerous beaches there are usually several warning signs, some 6 foot by 3 foot, folk ignore them and drown !

Same with red flags, there will also be signs on those beaches , folk ignore both the signs and the red flags and drown !

Sad,but a fact of life.

Like these?

https://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/south_essex_news/18474605.southend-coastguard-rescue-sunbathers-shoebury-beach/

Boris has said that "folk can go anywhere as long as they sleep in their own bed at night

Does this mean that we caravanners can go out again;)?

26 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

What a set of dummies!:o

• I agree completely 1

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Flat_at said:

Boris has said that "folk can go anywhere as long as they sleep in their own bed at night

Does this mean that we caravanners can go out again;)?

According to the West Midlands Police Chief Constable David Jamieson, he has received intelligence that his officers are getting "pushback" from members of the public who are using the governments defence of Mr Cummings as an excuse for breaking lockdown rules. When asked if the row over Mr Cummings actions was making a difference to police on the ground, he told BBC R4s' World at One, "If the rules are flexible and the people seem to have interpreted them who are (at) the heart of government, it is almost impossible for the police to be able to carry out their job effectively". 

Once again, surely it's time for the government to firmly stamp on all those who bend or break the rules during lockdown, regardless of political party, whether they be MPs or their staff. I can only hope that the electorate will remember these politicians and their staff when they're begging for our votes at the next election.

P.S. Looks like we'll soon all be able to forget lockdown! Football is due to start again on June 17th. Oh joy.:(

Edited by Townie
  • Like 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

14 minutes ago, Townie said:

According to the West Midlands Police Chief Constable David Jamieson, he has received intelligence that his officers are getting "pushback" from members of the public who are using the governments defence of Mr Cummings as an excuse for breaking lockdown rules. When asked if the row over Mr Cummings actions was making a difference to police on the ground, he told BBC R4s' World at One, "If the rules are flexible and the people seem to have interpreted them who are (at) the heart of government, it is almost impossible for the police to be able to carry out their job effectively". 

Once again, surely it's time for the government to firmly stamp on all those who bend or break the rules during lockdown, regardless of political party, whether they be MPs or their staff. I can only hope that the electorate will remember these politicians and their staff when they're begging for our votes at the next election.

A bit late after the horse has bolted, in the last roundup Boris has said you can travel where you like now, except that you have to return to sleep in your own bed.

I think if anyone is caught and uses the DC excuse they would have to show that the car occupants were showing COVID19 symptoms, also have a child in the car that has Autism, prove they have a bunch of stupid media journalists outside their home invading their privacy, and provide evidence to prove they  and their family have received death threats, if they can prove all of the points then good luck to them, if they can't then they have no excuse.

The West Midlands CC's comments reads like a cop copping out :) 

• Haha 1
  • I do not understand 1
  • I disagree 2

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

I can't see how the police can enforce rules after Boris says a lot of it is advice and that we're being asked to do things.   We don't know what is the law and what are rules, will we get fined for doing this that and the other.   

Wales is giving the main speech tomorrow  so we will know if he is going to let the English over the border   or not . The 4 governments are now putting everything into the tracing app,  The shops are opening soon, I wonder who is going to police that. 

They are saying that every 2 weeks the virus figures are halving, so perhaps it wont be too long before  things start getting  something like "normal"

• I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

Somebody here in Dorset got a note stuck on his motorhome with a load of threats and abuse about holidaymakers are not welcome and to go home and he has been reported to police but the motorhome is parked in the street outside his house .

Dave

• Haha 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

4 minutes ago, joanie said:

Wales is giving the main speech tomorrow  so we will know if he is going to let the English over the border   or not .

Finance Minister Rebecca Evans has said that there will not be any "local lockdowns" in Wales and the whole country would follow the same approach in order to maintain a "clear message". Not sure if that means no visitors from outside the country or not:blink:

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

• It is a case of wait and see. The 3 weeks are up for all 4 govt. whereby they change the 'rules' and it is getting less easy to grasp  their meaning.  Hopefully as the virus is declining, we may be allowed out  while making sure that we keep out distance and wash our hands.  BTW did you see the people queuing for the toilets, I think it was  Skegness. A lot of coastal  resorts are still asking folk not to visit as they haven't got any facilities open. 

16 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Somebody here in Dorset got a note stuck on his motorhome with a load of threats and abuse about holidaymakers are not welcome and to go home and he has been reported to police but the motorhome is parked in the street outside his house .

Dave

If it is normally/often parked outside his house, then must have been the local vigilante patrol looking for tourists rather than a neighbour. Oh joy - the Lone Ranger rides again.

Just think how grumpy people are going to be if they think they have to have a local lockdown because of a batch of infected tourists.

Meanwhile all the cruise companies are telling their shareholders that their customers are really, really keen to get back on a cruise ship with a few thousand other people just as soon as they can.

Townie has it slightly wrong, David Jamison is not a Chief Constable but is the ex Labour MP for Plymouth and currently the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Midlands. 
Easily confused but might explain the views expressed.

34 minutes ago, wohnwagen said:

Townie has it slightly wrong, David Jamison is not a Chief Constable but is the ex Labour MP for Plymouth and currently the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Midlands. 
Easily confused but might explain the views expressed.

Also, he was the official Labour Party candidate when he stood for election as the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, DACS said:

Also, he was the official Labour Party candidate when he stood for election as the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner.

We’ve also now got the deputy mayor of Liverpool (Labour needless to say) flouting the rules with a birthday gathering in her garden. Has been suspended as you might expect, but it goes to show that bending the rules isn’t the exclusive prerogative of the political right.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

15 hours ago, 2seaside said:

If it is normally/often parked outside his house, then must have been the local vigilante patrol looking for tourists rather than a neighbour. Oh joy - the Lone Ranger rides again.

Just think how grumpy people are going to be if they think they have to have a local lockdown because of a batch of infected tourists.

Meanwhile all the cruise companies are telling their shareholders that their customers are really, really keen to get back on a cruise ship with a few thousand other people just as soon as they can.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/25/somerset-hospital-weston-general-hospital-closed-new-patients-halt-spread-coronavirus

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Looks like it's not just Cornwall where our bins are overflowing.

What a sorrowful situation. 

Posted on the 27th May from Plastic Free North Devon

image.png.d304553f3f942c87badbaf0a78c4479c.png

It seems common sense doesnt prevail In MANY cases.

Taking your rubbish home with you when there are no bins to actually place your litter is pretty self explanatory too most but not to ALL.

TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME WITH YOU BEFORE THE SEAGULLS TEAR IT APART AND YOUR PLASTIC ENDS UP IN THE OCEAN FOR SOME OTHER MORE THOUGHTFUL HUMAN TO PICK IT Up LATER OR MARINE LIFE SWALLOW IT.

Be responsible - take a moment to look where you are and do the right thing! (An Internationally recognised and protected biosphere)

Ps. Sorry for the rant - we try to maintain a pretty positive social media but this needs calling out.

What happened to our environmental covid 19 wake up call?

• I agree completely 4

JoeBlogs,  I wish I could say that it's because the covid19,  not enough staff to empty the bins, but sadly we know it's not. I don't know why people when they see that a bin is full ,  assume it's okay to leave their rubbish on the ground.

17 hours ago, Townie said:

Finance Minister Rebecca Evans has said that there will not be any "local lockdowns" in Wales and the whole country would follow the same approach in order to maintain a "clear message". Not sure if that means no visitors from outside the country or not:blink:

it seems that you were on the right track with no visitors from outside the country. Only allowed to travel 5 miles and they reckon the R number hasn't gone down. Do you think this is going to work or will people start getting a bit worn down with it all ,  seeing what's going on in England?