Sign in to follow this  
PMW

Water Hog / Aquaroll Pump Collars

We have two water carriers, an Aquaroll and a Water Hog and I'm looking for new collars for the water pump. I've lost the water hog one and the aquaroll one has split. Can anybody tell me what they are called, or where I might buy them? I've been looking this morning and cannot find anything like.

Spares2you.co.uk have W4 Aqua Caps which is what I believe you are looking for. I have never used this company. I’m sure other places must do them as W4 products are fairly well known. 

The Aquacaps are, I think, the screw tops and the OP wants the blue shroud that covers the water barrel 'hole' and is on the pipe going to the van. It stops creepy crawlies getting into the barrel. 

Posted (edited)

Spare parts for the Aquaroll are freely available and most dealers will have them or you can go to the manufacturer. The Water Hogg is I believe imported and I have never seen spares for them being sold. Having said that the item is basically a plastic cap with a hole through that matches the diameter of the water inlet pipe, so what fits one should fit them all.

Edited by Wildwood

Don't those caps come with the pumps?

Whale supply them on their pumps but only to fit the Aquaroll which has a smaller opening than the water hog, plus I don't really want to spend £50+ on a new pump just for the rubber shroud, or whatever it's called. I've looked at Aquaroll, they don't seem to supply them, I've checked all the online caravan accessory shops I normally use and they don't list them either under pump spares or water carrier spares. The Aqua Caps don't fit water hogs either. 

Anyway, I have found what I think I need, 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterhog-Aquaroll-Dust-Dirt-Rain-Cap-Cover-for-Caravan-Camping-Mains-Water-Kit/202619808902?hash=item2f2d14ec86:g:y9YAAOSwrv5cg-NX

I found it by typing Waterhog in to ebay and scrolling. Interestingly, if you sort by price, low to high which I was doing, they don't appear. 

The Aqua Caps are the rubberised blue shrouds. They sell for £3.33 from the company I mentioned above.

Just checked to see where you are as just before Lockdown I bought one from Swindon caravans, not used it yet !!