Sign in to follow this  
CliveB

French campsite cancellation refund

I believe there are a number of French residents on this forum and was wondering if anyone knows the current legal position in France with regard to the coronovirus travel restrictions and subsequent cancellation of campsite bookings.

We were planning a month in France in June and paid deposits on 2 campsites.

One has refunded without any problems. The other, after much discussion, has now offered either a credit note for the whole amount (valid for 18 months), or a refund less 30% for administration.

Has the French government or relevant department made any ruling on refunds, in a similar way to the CMA in the UK?

Clive

I am not a French resident but understand that a campsite credit note valid for 18 months is in line with French government regulations.

Posted (edited)

We were supposed to be going to Center Parcs in Belgium today booked through the French site with French terms, it appears the voucher is the way it is done as we were sent the voucher. The site we have booked for later in the year also looks to be running the same system.

Edited by Jiffy176

1 hour ago, CliveB said:

I believe there are a number of French residents on this forum and was wondering if anyone knows the current legal position in France with regard to the coronovirus travel restrictions and subsequent cancellation of campsite bookings.

We were planning a month in France in June and paid deposits on 2 campsites.

One has refunded without any problems. The other, after much discussion, has now offered either a credit note for the whole amount (valid for 18 months), or a refund less 30% for administration.

Has the French government or relevant department made any ruling on refunds, in a similar way to the CMA in the UK?

Clive

The  French Government website faqs regarding deposits/refunds   is HERE

11 hours ago, beejay said:

The  French Government website faqs regarding deposits/refunds   is HERE

Many thanks.

As posted by others above.

It looks as though I was fortunate to receive a cash refund from the first campsite.

"Si le professionnel vous propose un avoir de 18 mois, vous êtes obligé de l’accepter. En revanche, vous n’êtes pas obligé de l’utiliser. Vous pourrez alors en demander son remboursement après la fin de sa validité."

It would appear that if the enterprise is not able to refund immediately then a credit note is given, but if not used  within 18 months then a cash refund can be requested.

I was booked into Le Futuriste for Easter on our way home from Spain but came home early.

I got an email saying my €56 deposit would be held over for 18 months and this was in accordance with the local regulations.

Ian

I went to Le Futuriste with my parents and best mate around 19 years ago. Sorry to hijack but it brought back good memories! 

4 hours ago, IanV8 said:

I was booked into Le Futuriste for Easter on our way home from Spain but came home early.

I got an email saying my €56 deposit would be held over for 18 months and this was in accordance with the local regulations.

Ian

Thanks to everyone for their experiences and useful information.

Just to close by saying that I have now received the regulation credit note for the full amount paid and valid for 18 months (rather than the option of a partial cash refund).

All things well we do intend to make use of this next year in May or June, but if we don't we will receive an automatic cash refund after 18 months.

Clive