Zetubald

Greetings from Romania

Hello everyone. I'm newbie to caravans. I just want to find good information on the subject.

You're in the right place for that :D

:welcome: to Caravan Talk

• Like 1

Welcome and I think you have an Avondale and the poster above me (Gordon - Admin) does know quite a bit about Avondales, which I believe stopped manufacturing around 2008.

But they are ever popular caravans and people love them.

So do look around and ask any questions in the appropriate area. This is a very active forum.

and another   :welcome: from me, enjoy the Forum

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Yes, for a few months i have a 2007 Avondale Dart 470-2. It's a very nice caravan and i try to find more about it. I've already dig on topics about Avondale and i found some very usefull informations, thanks to comunity.
And you are right, this is a very activ forum, with a lot of interesting informations. I'm very glad i found you ;)

• Thanks 1

And we're glad you found us too!! 🥞 

:welcome: from me too!

Posted (edited)

Although we had been camping in folding campers for years, our first caravan, about five years ago, was also an Avondale Dart 470/2.  We now have a Venus 507/4.  I must admit though, the Avondale was far better built.  The company stopped trading in 2008 because apparently, the owner did not have any family to take it over, ie, no sons, only daughters and apparently, they weren't interested in keeping the company on, or even selling it, although they did make very good quality caravans for the price

...and oh, :welcome:to the caravan forum

Edited by Babstreefern