Sign in to follow this  
micktheshed

Latest cancellations from C & C Club

I've just been informed by the BCC  (C & C Club section) that all meets have been cancelled at least until the end of July. I assume this is at the behest of the C& C Club & applies to all DA meets.

Apparently the C & C C have also issued a survey to selected members regarding their requirements on site (if & when!) etc.  No real news included except for the closing of some club sites for whole of the rest of the year.

Any one got any more info?

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Just had a scout round the June News on the C&CC site, and there is nothing like that mentioned that I can find. 

Ern

I've had the survey to which I responded very positively (and responsibly) about the sites reopening. 

Understandable to cancel meets that would attract crowds and probably make distancing less likely. 

2018 Octavia vRS 245 TSI Estate & 2016 Adria Altea 552 DT Tamar

2 hours ago, Ern said:

Just had a scout round the June News on the C&CC site, and there is nothing like that mentioned that I can find. 

Ern, all Sections and DAs received an email in the last couple of days instructing them on the changes.

If you look at Out & About all meets which begin in July are marked as “Cancelled”.

And this is in the FAQs …

51E2695A-09A7-4A64-A7EE-9C46F187E66D.thumb.jpeg.5debb7de21ff4957a5ce209d3e36799a.jpeg

John

I got the survey. They are basically checking to see what level of use they will get if and when the sites open, and what facilities you will accept, with the emphasis on the toilet block. Specifically they want to know if you would still use a site if the toilet block was closed and what level of cleaning you would accept, if it was open.

One of the reasons I like the C & cc sites is the amenities such as the toilets/showers.  Always clean, heated and well maintained. If there were no such facilities I would not be going. The same reason I use very few of the certificated sites.

• I agree completely 2

Trevor.

3 hours ago, reluctant said:

One of the reasons I like the C & cc sites is the amenities such as the toilets/showers.  Always clean, heated and well maintained. If there were no such facilities I would not be going. The same reason I use very few of the certificated sites.

We are the opposite, perfectly happy to use our own facilities so whether facility blocks are open is not a problem to us. I am sure both clubs will be reviewing how they open sites and whether they can maintain the required hygiene regime to keep toilet blocks as clean as the can and also to encourage all members  to  keep their own personal hygiene up to the required standards. If not they may have to keep blocks closed?

David

• Like 1

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

With shops opening soon, especially with the shopping centres like Bluewater, Lakeside et al, it will be interesting to see how they will operate their toilets and washrooms facilities.

I Would guess both the Clubs would come under the same sort of guidelines.

Also on another thread, yes all DA’s have been informed no rallying for July.About 10 of their smaller sites will not open for this season.There is a list on their web sites.