Mikefrew

Avondale eagle electrics

Posted (edited)

Hopefully it has not been flooded. If it is sand on the charger and near it, could be the previous owner liked seaside holidays and put the beach stuff in the area near the charger so sand and damp on things. Or if it is mud, maybe they had a dog and its things went there. You could also check the bench cushion is in good condition and the foam in it is not breaking up giving out dust.

You could have a look inside any mains electric sockets if there are any at a low level since they are unlikely to have been removed to clean inside and would show signs of any flooding.

Edited by Paul1957

Can't agree with you. How does your logic explain the mud in the toilet cassette compartment?

42 minutes ago, hawkaye said:

Can't agree with you. How does your logic explain the mud in the toilet cassette compartment?

If referring to my post and the possibility it has suffered from flooding, I did start by saying 'Hopefully it has not been flooded.' and ended by saying to check inside sockets as another check to see if it had been flooded. So in no way did I suggest it had not been flooded but suggested some extra checks to help confirm it or not.

Point taken. Ithink we all hope it hasn't been under water.

• Thanks 1

New (second hand) charger and battery fitted, lights and roof fan now working but don’t think battery is charging when hook up is on, expect charge indicator to show 13+v if it is or am I wrong

31 minutes ago, Mikefrew said:

New (second hand) charger and battery fitted, lights and roof fan now working but don’t think battery is charging when hook up is on, expect charge indicator to show 13+v if it is or am I wrong

The charge indicator in some vans is woefully inaccurate so a cheap multimeter is a sound investment.

When on ehu, with a fully charged battery, the charger should, indeed, be putting out 13+V, but a low battery could be pulling it down. Best to check it after the battery has had time to charge.

Just put my multimeter across the terminals on the charger, both pairs showing 12.56v with nothing turned on in the van

With the ehu disconnected is the battery still showing 12.56 volts and do the lights and roof fan still work. Just a check in case the second hand charger is not right and it is the battery powering everything, which it should be doing anyway.