Sign in to follow this  
rob39

Probably another which club question

Hi all, were planning on getting our 1st caravan, a simple 2 birth nothing fancy.
For added security & peace of mind we'll join one of the club's but which one?
I'm sure both are similar, we just want small quiet sites new caravaner friendly (dodgy reversing etc) laid-back etc
Offer training/advice on towing etc etc
Any advice
Rob

Hi Rob, As you cannot get any benefits from being a member at the moment maybe best to use the time to research the benefits of each.

We are members of the caravan club as we use a CL, 5 van site, near our daughter, and get great value ferry fares from our preferred port at Plymouth.

We were once members of the camping and caravan club as well due to using a site where it was cheaper, for a 5 night stay, to become a member and pay that rate than the non member rate.

If you have an idea of where you would like to go then maybe start by looking at sites in those areas.

Good luck and enjoy the van once you are able to use it.

• Like 1

Each have their separate and similar merits TBH. We are members of both and for different reasons. I love the CMC CL's  (certificated locations) and C&CC CS's (certificated sites) - both the same in fact - small 5 van informal (mostly) sites in hideaway places. I rally with the CMC so maintain that membership and use the C&CC temporary holiday sites - fantastic value, and so, maintain that membership!

As Alan Says, check out what each has to offer. The C&CC has a reputation for being more family orientated but I have not found this at all!

Martin W

• Like 1

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Join both, if you are at a certain age the Camping Club give us oldies discount, CMC don't

• Like 1

Les

We belong to both as it gives us the widest range of sites where you have confidence that the facilities are going to be up to a standard. Having said that there are also many very good independent sites but you need to research them a bit more. Also useful for ferry discounts and assisting foreign holiday planning.

• Like 1

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

4 minutes ago, KnausCol said:

Also useful for ferry discounts and assisting foreign holiday planning.

I'll second that, the C&CC managed to get us booked on Euro Tunnel for our dash back to the UK from The Algarve in March. We couldn't get through to the train company directly.

BH

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KnausCol said:

We belong to both as it gives us the widest range of sites where you have confidence that the facilities are going to be up to a standard. Having said that there are also many very good independent sites but you need to research them a bit more. Also useful for ferry discounts and assisting foreign holiday planning.

Whenever I've checked, the both have the same scarcity of CL/CS as each other in more rural areas so joining both wasn't helpful for us.

Numerically, the Caravan Club is about twice as big as the Camping & Caravanning Club - twice as many members, club sites and CL/CS sites.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

If you want training both do courses but the CAMH have a lot more training centres. You can find out where each has them though on their websites.