What Caravan Equipment Have You Bought/Ordered Today?

On 20/05/2020 at 20:56, Bristle Hound said:

Me today?

A new replacement Alko jockey wheel
The current one on our Compass, altho an Alko one, its s***e. Solid ***** plastic wheel

So ordered this one -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALKO-Joc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

https://ukshop.alko-tech.com/uk/plus-jockey-wheel-steel-rubber1.html

So come on people of CT what have you been buying for your 'van?

It came this morning - how quick was that?

Just received some dust covers and lock nuts for my Tyrepal wheel sensors.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

Ordered an new Kartt Ultimate Caravan Jockey wheel from the Caravan Clup shop (Prima leisure) on April 13th.

They expect to send it out some time after July 11th.

I fully respect Prima Leisure's desire to keep staff safe, but I confess I would have asked for a refund and bought elsewhee if I hadn't discovered that they appear to be the only outlet for this particular Kartt product. A little frustrating.

12 minutes ago, Ukzero said:

Ordered an new Kartt Ultimate Caravan Jockey wheel from the Caravan Clup shop (Prima leisure) on April 13th.

I fully respect Prima Leisure's desire to keep staff safe, but I confess I would have asked for a refund and bought elsewhee if I hadn't discovered that they appear to be the only outlet for this particular Kartt product. A little frustrating.

I'd be more impressed with their claims of keeping staff safe if it wasn't for the fact that every other mail order business seems to be operating more or less as normal!  

Purchased a gas refill days before lockdown. Purchased from Aldi some Black streak spray & Caravan wash.

Been steadily accumulating things since February as it’s our first van (never been away in it due to lockdown).

last things to arrive a week or so ago were levelling ramps (after the Thule ones I got originally proved unsuitable for my TA).

Next up is a TV and storage cover and we should have most things we need

16 hours ago, Ukzero said:

I admit I would have cancelled as there has to be other outlets.  It would be suicide for any company if only one small organisation was the sole distributor as only a very small percentage of the member wouldl take advantage of the offer.  On many previous occasions we have found the same goods elsewhere at much lower prices than the CMC.

On 21/05/2020 at 09:37, junglejim said:

I want a decent table for the awning/outside - any ideas?

I found it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Campart+Travel+TA-0802&ref=nb_sb_noss

I can't recommend this type of table highly enough.  It is soo good to have a decent size table and its stable and light in weight, also rolls up fairly small.

There are various makes of this type of table but I do recommend the above.  We've now used it for 2 years.

Nothing in the lock down although I will need a new battery once we use it. Since we bought the current caravan we have bought a CADAC although that is used at home as well.

Bought a second box of 20 rock pegs off Amazon.  The metal pegs that came with the Ventura Trinus awning were absolutely pony and trap!

1 hour ago, TonyandKaren said:

Bought a second box of 20 rock pegs off Amazon.  The metal pegs that came with the Ventura Trinus awning were absolutely pony and trap!

I obviously don't know exactly what you bought, but the screw in ones I bought were worse than just using a big lump hammer with straight pegs, even on rocky ground.

I hope yours are better than mine.

9 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

I obviously don't know exactly what you bought, but the screw in ones I bought were worse than just using a big lump hammer with straight pegs, even on rocky ground.

We bought some screw in ones from Aldi & just couldn’t get on with them. Rather than actually screw into the ground they just chewed at the surface.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

2 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

We bought some screw in ones from Aldi & just couldn’t get on with them. Rather than actually screw into the ground they just chewed at the surface.

Any type of peg works better in some ground than others. Plastic screw in work best in firm, but not rock hard, turf.

Metal screw in will work in harder ground if driven with a hammer drill, but less well than plastic in soft sandy ground.

Only rock pegs and a lump hammer will successfully penetrate the hardest, compressed, crushed rock!

3 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Any type of peg works better in some ground than others. Plastic screw in work best in firm, but not rock hard, turf.

Metal screw in will work in harder ground if driven with a hammer drill, but less well than plastic in soft sandy ground.

Only rock pegs and a lump hammer will successfully penetrate the hardest, compressed, crushed rock!

This was on a CMC site where the hard standing was extremely compact. My opinion of them was also tainted when the plastic hook part smacked my knuckle as it was spinning round while trying to screw then in. The (now empty) carry case was useful though.....

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

I have used both and prefer the longer straight smooth pegs. 

I keep the threaded ones around just in case though. 

On 23/05/2020 at 14:49, bubble2015 said:

I found it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Campart+Travel+TA-0802&ref=nb_sb_noss

I can't recommend this type of table highly enough.  It is soo good to have a decent size table and its stable and light in weight, also rolls up fairly small.

There are various makes of this type of table but I do recommend the above.  We've now used it for 2 years.

That looks like a decent table - I may have to settle for a slatted top as all the smooth topped ones seem to have a lip around the edge where bits can gather. Thanks for the link, and a lot cheaper than a certain auction site too.

Edited by junglejim
missed something off

23 hours ago, daveat92 said:

I have the smooth ones. We only use hardstanding pitches and the ground can sometimes be well compacted. One or two of the rock pegs occasionaly get bent but soon straighten out after a few belts with a lump hammer! The ones that came with the awning bent as soon as you hit them and were even useless on grass.

Dyson V7 absolute. Ordered yesterday delivered today and 2 isabella

thor chairs. 

On 23/05/2020 at 18:32, daveat92 said:

use a hammer/ mallet to drive them in, but screw them out.

1 hour ago, junglejim said:

That looks like a decent table - I may have to settle for a slatted top as all the smooth topped ones seem to have a lip around the edge where bits can gather. Thanks for the link, and a lot cheaper than a certain auction site too.

Have a look at the outsunny tables on ebay  all brand new just won one normal price £37.99  my price £19. 50 that was slatted  size 116 x70 

Martin

I haven’t bought anything for the caravan this year yet having lashed out on a complete refit of the interior in November 19.  

If the financial forecasts for the next few years are to be believed we are very seriously drawing up a personal list of ‘nice to haves’ and getting them sooner rather than later. With a crippled economy, everything will be more expensive for now on. Savings, already losing ground due to low interest rates, will continue to lose value.  You only have to look at the Santander 123 account, that will have dropped it’s interest rate from 3% to 0.6% in 12 months, to get the message. 

Not strictly caravan but sort of related.....I’ve just ordered a complete set of boots for my big tug. Expensive yes ...but you wait till 2022 prices come round, when I anticipate I will need them. 

As a Yorkshireman, I’ve spent several sleepless nights over the loss of the friends in my wallet. 😂

But if the thrift gland says it makes sense. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, ericfield said:

If the financial forecasts for the next few years are to be believed we are very seriously drawing up a personal list of ‘nice to haves’ and getting them sooner rather than later

With a crippled economy, everything will be more expensive for now on. Savings, already losing ground due to low interest rates, will continue to lose value.  You only have to look at the Santander 123 account, that will have dropped it’s interest rate from 3% to 0.6% in 12 months, to get the message. 

Agree with you re savings - there's even Talk of negative interest rates which has already happened in other countries - you pay the banks to look after your money!

Not so sure re prices. I think there may be a period when there are bargains to be had due to retailers with too much accumulated stock or even going out of business. Difficult to predict in these strange times.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

9 minutes ago, KnausCol said:

Agree with you re savings - there's even Talk of negative interest rates which has already happened in other countries - you pay the banks to look after your money!

Not so sure re prices. I think there may be a period when there are bargains to be had due to retailers with too much accumulated stock or even going out of business. Difficult to predict in these strange times.

Now you’ve got me worried. Think I better cancel the tyres. 😂 

1 hour ago, Tug1 said:

Dyson V7 absolute. Ordered yesterday delivered today and 2 isabella

thor chairs. 

We have a Dyson V7 in the van and its the best vacuum we've had!

due to arthritis in my fingers I can't hammer rock pegs in anymore so use a BoschHammer pneumatic drill to drive in the pegs. I have some smooth rock pegs and some threaded, either way they get hammered in with rotary stopped, but the threaded are much easier to remove with the rotation on reverse.