Filled up for the first time since March 5th

rslsys

Gave the Tug a run today when we went out shopping. Filled it up for the first time since 5th March. As it only does about 30mpg solo, you can tell how little road I've had under the wheels!

Had to look up the PIN for my Fuel Card.

Cheers

Keith

Ditto except last filled up on 6th May.  Took a lot of fuel (23.61L)to fill up and almost broke the bank.  LOL!

I bought a new-to-me car on March 3rd, and filled up with diesel when I got it home. Since then, according to Volvo On Call I’ve done 7 miles … … twice to the farm shop, once to Morrison’s and yesterday to the pharmacy!

John ☹️

4 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Ditto except last filled up on 6th May.  Took a lot of fuel (23.61L)to fill up and almost broke the bank.  LOL!

What was that? A petrol strimmer? :lol:  Mine takes 76 L!

19 minutes ago, Bolingbroke said:

What was that? A petrol strimmer? :lol:  Mine takes 76 L!

Mine takes 120L!!:D:D

Filled up 19th of March. done 12 miles on the 20th, been sat still ever since....

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Since the end of March mine has used NO petrol and 78p of electricery

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

OH filled his car up for the first time in 2 months, all very strange.

We had an email from our last insurers asking if we wanted to reduce our millage and therefore reduce our premium at no extra charge. Our present insurance hasn't offered anything though.

Edited by joanie

Happy Days

We filled our Mini up today for first time in ages.  it was £1.00 a litre at Sainsbury.  99p at Asda.

Went for a gentle drive in Shropshire country side with roof down. Had a nice walk too.

Hyundai Tucson Hybrid+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

30 miles in the X3 since 23rd March & that was for a run out & to top the tank of with much cheaper than usual Shell V-power diesel

Now showing full lol

x3.thingy.png

Tow car -  2019 MY20 G01 BMW X3 xDrive 20d M Sport 

Caravan -  2017 Compass Camino 660                               

85% On The 'Ratio'

Filled up last week of February and done about 40 miles so might be next year before we need to fill up again .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I have always been told , if you are not going to use a car or boat, petrol or Diesel for a long time you should fill the tank right full beforehand to keep as much air out as possible therefore helping the fuel not to go of / bad, stale , what ever ?

Yes James, it's best to top up the tank to avoid condensation forming inside, which is not good for fuel or fuel filters.

I topped mine up just before putting it on SORN at the end of April. The car had done 220 miles since 12th January.

I can always squeeze myself into my wife's Polo if desperate.

Having done just under 2000 miles since early March I have had to fill up 4 times (231 litres diesel in total).

• Sad 1

I filled up on the Thursday evening before the lockdown and had done little mileage in the next few days. We give the car a short run most weeks just to keep the battery charged and to keep everything else moving as suggested by the maker. It is still not far off full though having done 99 miles.

The last time we filled up the petrol car was about 2 weeks before the lockdown.. Been no need to use it since except for visits to the surgery.

Filling up every 6 days instead of every 3 weeks.  I've been doing that since the beginning of March.

The joys of being a key worker and not being able to car share anymore.

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

I filled mine up on March 22nd at the Intermarche at Chatellerault whilst on the way back from Spain , it is still showing one third full  , my overall average for the trip to Calahonda & back is 55 mpg , we drove down via Toledo , Granada & Nerja & back straight across Spain to San Sebastián & up France through Tours , Le Mans & Rouen to Calais , last day was Folkestone to South Yorkshire ,

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.