CMC letter to Chief Medical Officer

23 hours ago, Rallier said:

Hang a card reader out of a window, wear gloves to tap in your pin, pass your card to a receptionist to use contactless against the reader? I don't know !!! Each site will be different but there are so many solutions that there is no need to go out seeking problems. :(:blush:

Maybe if you'r that worried about the minutia caravanning at the moment is not for you.

As for me, I would be happy to be given permission just to park up in an empty field for a couple of days (pay over the phone) bring my own water, use the facilities in the caravan, and take all my rubbish back home at the end - just to get a break from being trapped at home.

Rallier

You mean A RALLY? Yes I'm with you, but our DA and the C+cc persais has cancelled all Social Camping until end ofJune, with a review 14th June. We're due to steward a THS in Wales from end July, hopefully this will go ahead

Personally I think the answer is they can be opened, but all communal areas and even the toilet block should be closed. Most of us have on board facilities so we should use them if we want to tour now. Possibly where the site has either keypad or locks for toilet access, these could only be issued to those who have no toilet facilities, which would be very few.

The danger area as I see is it is the taps for fresh water which are used by everyone and you might need a disinfectant wipe every time you use it. There is also the toilet emptying where you would need to do the same.

I would probably worry less about washing out the waste container, as that could be done at home.

Given the spacing on most sites there should be little problem there, but losing every other pitch in some cases might be needed.

Edited by Wonky
Duplicated text

On 20/05/2020 at 02:56, Griff said:

There are near on 350,000 households according to recent AGM minutes, multiplied by 2.7 members per household equates to his 1,000,000 round figure.

Which in my opinion is a load of Twaddle.

They are not subscription paying members neither do they enjoy the same rights as those proper members.

On 20/05/2020 at 13:55, yellowbelly said:

Sorry but you are wrong. The last time I looked there were  161 Club sites and 42 Affiliated sites.

Only slightly different proportions. It still amounts to spin IMHO and not becoming of a so-called membership lead organisation.

I wonder if the letter is fake as it is not on the CMC website and no members have been sent a copy?

10 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I wonder if the letter is fake as it is not on the CMC website and no members have been sent a copy?

Hi durbanite, postings on the caravan club forum say that it has been posted on the clubs facebook page.

As a member, but not a facebook user, that means that unless I used the club forum I would be non  the wiser, although that does suggest the letter has value.

4 minutes ago, Allan Guest said:

Hi durbanite, postings on the caravan club forum say that it has been posted on the clubs facebook page.

As a member, but not a facebook user, that means that unless I used the club forum I would be non  the wiser, although that does suggest the letter has value.

Makes you wonder why it is posted on FB but not the CMC website?  Also why in the Practical Caravan magazine and not the CMC magazine.  Both take about 2-3 months to format for print.

Edited by Durbanite

4 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Makes you wonder why it is posted on FB but not the CMC website?  Also why in the Practical Caravan magazine and not the CMC magazine.  Both take about 2-3 months to format for print.

That seems to be a common thought on the clubs forum!

13 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

It's not in the mag, it's in their news section on line.

image.png.9ee747a6cbb7adff8090421298bc3264.png