Cherokee2015

CMC letter to Chief Medical Officer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 2

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

11 minutes ago, Cherokee2015 said:

No specific mention of the more important aspects of a site, to many who use them, the toilets, showers, laundry, and pot washing area, where applicable, which to date, may, according to some campsites, be closed till further notice, when the site opens. .

Though this...............(water, waste and refuse points etc)...............could be intended to be all compassing, however I think toilets and showers would be more difficult and labour intensive to monitor than the water, waste and refuse points.

41 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

No specific mention of the more important aspects of a site, to many who use them, the toilets, showers, laundry, and pot washing area, where applicable,

I took this paragraph as referring to the above....

'rigorous cleaning of all communal areas and we will increase the number of times they are cleaned, in particular the significant touchpoints and limit the amount of people who can use the amenities at any one time'. :unsure:

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

Nice to see the CMC speaking up and representing the clubs and members interests. Be nice to see more of this moving forward with greater visibility of the work they do with lobby groups etc

• Like 1

we will be happy with a pitch  for us personally we will not be using any facilities the only thing communally that I will be touching  are the taps  and most are outside  booked  18 nights in July   and will be happy for wardens to maintain the rules 

• I agree completely 1

The open letter is full of spin and loses credibility. There are not 1,000,000 members. There are about 300,000 full members. The million figure is probably borrowed from the government's spin doctors when caiming how many of items of PPE has been supplied and delievered

There are nearer 130 club run sites. The so-called 200 club sites are made up of 70 independently owned and run Affiliate sites.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeeTee said:

..........There are not 1,000,000 members. There are about 300,000 full members..........

There are near on 350,000 households according to recent AGM minutes, multiplied by 2.7 members per household equates to his 1,000,000 round figure.

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

If given a choice of either no sites, or sites without use of toilet / shower facilities, I would take the latter 

it kind of bemuses me that many folk pay lots of money to have on board toilets and showers, but refuse to actually use them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

If given a choice of either no sites, or sites without use of toilet / shower facilities, I would take the latter 

it kind of bemuses me that many folk pay lots of money to have on board toilets and showers, but refuse to actually use them

Ever tried to buy a british caravan without onboard facilities?

Common on vans sold into the European market. See Eriba, for example.

• Like 1

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

BTW how do they propose contactless check-in and clear markings on the floor in and near communal areas to ensure all visitors to our campsites can easily maintain distancing guidelines while enjoying their holiday?  Two nights is normally in excess of £45 on many CMC sites so three or more definitely not contactless.

With the CMC pleading for people to renew membership, selling vouchers with changing T&Cs, increasing prices, sending off pleading letters to Medical Officers etc, I wonder if they have a cash flow issue?  If so, although highly unlikely this may not be good for those with Caravan Cover

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I do not understand 1

3 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

BTW how do they propose contactless check-in and clear markings on the floor in and near communal areas

Hang a card reader out of a window, wear gloves to tap in your pin, pass your card to a receptionist to use contactless against the reader? I don't know !!! Each site will be different but there are so many solutions that there is no need to go out seeking problems. :(:blush:

Maybe if you'r that worried about the minutia caravanning at the moment is not for you.

As for me, I would be happy to be given permission just to park up in an empty field for a couple of days (pay over the phone) bring my own water, use the facilities in the caravan, and take all my rubbish back home at the end - just to get a break from being trapped at home.

Rallier

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

6+3=9, but so does 5+4, so respect other people's thinking.

No different from any other trade body pressurising the Gov to consider them first.

Every business has a trade body, and every trade body is lobbying hard to get their industry up and running again. Can't blame them for that, it is what a trade body is for.

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rallier said:

Hang a card reader out of a window, wear gloves to tap in your pin, pass your card to a receptionist to use contactless against the reader? I don't know !!! Each site will be different but there are so many solutions that there is no need to go out seeking problems. :(:blush:

Maybe if you'r that worried about the minutia caravanning at the moment is not for you.

As for me, I would be happy to be given permission just to park up in an empty field for a couple of days (pay over the phone) bring my own water, use the facilities in the caravan, and take all my rubbish back home at the end - just to get a break from being trapped at home.

Rallier

Try that for a fortnight or three weeks with say a couple of children and a dog, not very practical  then is it ?

2 hours ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Many folk are also unable to use the van facilities due to disabilities etc. and if someone decides they don't want to use the van facilities for whatever reason, that's their prerogative.

To be perverse,  should any site who keeps showers / toilets closed, reduce the fees ?

Edited by Silversurf

can anyone remember what the CMC were doing just before lock down. I seem to remember that there was some sort of different way of paying .   Just before the official lock down the CMC  were doing something differen.

Any one else get the email entitled "A message about our financial services products" from the CMC?

14 hours ago, DeeTee said:

There are nearer 130 club run sites. The so-called 200 club sites are made up of 70 independently owned and run Affiliate sites.

Sorry but you are wrong. The last time I looked there were  161 Club sites and 42 Affiliated sites.

As someone who was critical of the CMC a couple of moths back for not saying much, I personally think this is a step in the right direction, whatever the true motive.  However, we're all different and want different things from a caravan/site/organisation.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Whoo-hoo, !  just received a free night voucher from CMC as a thank you for renewing our membership

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joanie said:

Whoo-hoo, !  just received a free night voucher from CMC as a thank you for renewing our membership

And that's worth a lot more than having your membership extended by three months:D

• Like 2

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I for one wouldn't be staying for my two week holiday if there are no shower or loo facilities, Id rather stay at home. The shower if far too small in our van, the sacrifice of having a decent area for the kids at the back.

I don't imagine many tent campers at non CMC sites will appreciate two weeks with zero facilities. My reading of the club email was that they are looking to put measures in for all facilities.  

looks like the sites may open in July.  

8 minutes ago, joanie said:

looks like the sites may open in July.  

Scotland and Wales likely to be on a different timetable.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Just now, Black Grouse said:

Scotland and Wales likely to be on a different timetable.

I wish the countries would get their act together, it is not easy listening to the 5 o'clock report and trying to figure out what applies to the UK or just to England.  I do think that England has jumped the gun though when you see all the picture of the crowds of people at the seaside.

Just now, joanie said:

I wish the countries would get their act together, it is not easy listening to the 5 o'clock report and trying to figure out what applies to the UK or just to England.  I do think that England has jumped the gun though when you see all the picture of the crowds of people at the seaside.

The disease is progressing at different rates in different places. Politically it's because there's no separate government for England and politicians never make clear what they're talking about!

It's people ignoring the slightly relaxed restrictions that are the problem

• I agree completely 2

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES