CPDavis

Bailey Service Extension

Bailey have just announced a further two month extension, now 6 months for 2020 servicing.

A bit perverse really isn’t it? 

Bailey are happy to extend a service date for up to 6 months but if you go 6 weeks and a day past the due date they void your warranty for ever! :angry:

Andy

If they are doing it then the others are bound to follow. I suppose after extending it in first place , once the dealers open they have to give them time to catch up with all the services that have to be done

Thanks for this update.  I've decided to book a service with the local (NCC registered) mobile technician for June 1st as the supplying dealer is still in lockdown, doesn't know when the workshop will open, and unable to provide a rescheduled date for the service I booked for the end of May, other than to say services will be allocated in order of date booked when they do open.

For Bailey owners who use a 3rd party service how do you inform Bailey to update service records? 

3 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

A bit perverse really isn’t it? 

Bailey are happy to extend a service date for up to 6 months but if you go 6 weeks and a day past the due date they void your warranty for ever! :angry:

Andy

Actually not necessarily, but heaven forbid you miss an opportunity to reply to a post!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • I disagree 1

My year two service and Alde fluid change was due/ booked early April. Whilst Im sure I will not have to wait until October ( hopefully) . It would mean my year three service could be 6 months later with the caravan having practically no usage in between services apart from towing it back to storage. Will have to wait and see what transpires.

1 hour ago, CliveB said:

Thanks for this update.  I've decided to book a service with the local (NCC registered) mobile technician for June 1st as the supplying dealer is still in lockdown, doesn't know when the workshop will open, and unable to provide a rescheduled date for the service I booked for the end of May, other than to say services will be allocated in order of date booked when they do open.

For Bailey owners who use a 3rd party service how do you inform Bailey to update service records? 

You don't have to inform Bailey of any service carried out,just produce evidence if any form of warranty claim is made.

Ian

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CliveB said:

what do you mean by a 3rd party service?  I thought that only Bailey dealers and approved workshops could service bailey caravan

Edited by joanie

1 hour ago, joanie said:

what do you mean by a 3rd party service?  I thought that only Bailey dealers and approved workshops could service bailey caravan

Sorry I was unclear. I was referring to NCC registered independent service companies whom, I assume, unlike Bailey dealers do no have access to the Bailey digital service log and therefore can therefore only supply a paper copy of the service undertaken.

I was hoping for something along the lines that the service report could be scanned and emailed to Bailey for them to update their records.

I hope this is clearer.

3 hours ago, Tandem Man said:

You don't have to inform Bailey of any service carried out,just produce evidence if any form of warranty claim is made.

Ian

Many thanks.

• Thanks 1

Digital service log. must be new . Have Bailey moved to digital records?

3 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

Digital service log. must be new . Have Bailey moved to digital records?

It's something I had assumed since receiving an email reply from Bailey following a contact which stated that the information I had given would be added as a note to the service record.

Perhaps an incorrect assumption, but I would be surprised if dealers did not have access to database for parts, warranty, service records etc in this digital age.

21 minutes ago, CliveB said:

It's something I had assumed since receiving an email reply from Bailey following a contact which stated that the information I had given would be added as a note to the service record.

Perhaps an incorrect assumption, but I would be surprised if dealers did not have access to database for parts, warranty, service records etc in this digital age.

I asked Bailey a couple of years ago if they kept any central record of servicing and they said they didnt, just to keep records of services if needed. 

Ian

Posted (edited)

Whilst service deadlines have been moved,  haven't heard that Warranties have been extended in any way, despite vans not being used for months!

Edited by Endeeo
Typo

6 minutes ago, Endeeo said:

Whilst service deadlines have been moved,  haven't heard that Warranties have been extended in any way, despite vans not being used for months!

I believe the service deadlines has been moved so it does not affect the T&C of the warranty  in case of a warranty claim.

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2020 at 12:52, oldboy said:

I believe the service deadlines has been moved so it does not affect the T&C of the warranty  in case of a warranty claim.

Yes but if you discover a fault outside of original Warranty period but before extended service date, are you still "Out of Warranty" with claim being denied? I'm thinking of axle 'collapses', damp discovery, or even GRP cracking etc

Edited by Endeeo
Added extra detail

A good point! 

I would expect it to be a case of

“It couldn’t be serviced in time and if it had been the fault would have been covered, so we will honour it as a warranty repair” 

Of course I don’t KNOW if that will be the case, but it could be used as a reasonable argument IF the need ever arose. It will also identify those manufacturers concerned with customer service/satisfaction. Yes I know some think those words don’t apply in the caravan industry ;)

Andy

When it comes to the 2021 service I wonder,for warranty purposes, if you need to have it serviced a year from when it should have been done or a year from when it was actually done.

Ian

I have just had the 2nd annual service for my Bailey carried out by an NCC registered mobile technician. Bailey booklet stamped and full NCC service and damp test reports completed.

Previously I was always wary about using anyone other than supplying dealership, but a saving of £60 and the 100 miles round trip (day wasted) has convinced me this is the way I will go in the future.

Able to chat as he worked (social distancing observed).

Only potential downside I can see is that Bailey was one of the few (only?) makes who would not authorise him to carry out warranty work. However, if it was standard equipment he would get authorisation from the manufacture/supplier.