Paint colour

Hi

i have bought a 2008 willerby Granada mk7 in great condition ,

big snag though it must be green for our site but finding one was nigh on impossible so bought a cream one to paint.

done a lot of research on paints to use etc but finding the correct ral number for environmental green( apparently called quarry grey)

anybody got an idea , yes I can take a piece of trim to get it mixed but easier to just quote a number

also the exterior of the Granada has a tiny dimple effect on the cladding , due to virus I have not had van delivered yet but I remember this finish as it was more of a Matt finish( I think)

does anybody know what this finish is or have I just made this up in my head??

thanks Peter 

If the site insist on a particular green, can they not tell you where to get it from? They must know.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Here you go, I've used these, not for your colour but for other colours for machines etc. this is their quarry grey page.

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp?cRange=BS 2660&cRef=BS 5-060&metallic2=False&cDescription=Quarry grey

18 minutes ago, WispMan said:

If the site insist on a particular green, can they not tell you where to get it from? They must know.

It’s only a small site and it’s not them insisting it’s on a national park who insist that as park closes for 4 months to keep it on site during this period then it must be green, even decking must be green

they take aerial pics to check

10 minutes ago, Silversurf said:

Here you go, I've used these, not for your colour but for other colours for machines etc. this is their quarry grey page.

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp?cRange=BS 2660&cRef=BS 5-060&metallic2=False&cDescription=Quarry grey

Hi

thanks got this but as my head is telling me quarry grey is more of a brown so why the trade call it this I don’t know

im looking for bog standard environmental green as per the picture

peter

CE78DE9A-2C73-441D-8FCA-F90A947F6ED4.jpeg

Edited by Peterh7036
Typo

Try emailing Willerby and asking what the paint code is? Alternatively try emailing the National Trust as it's their requirement.

One point, would it be easier to get a company to spray it while it's off site than on? Trying to get a completely wind free, dry, no insect day to spray might be difficult? 

33 minutes ago, Ched said:

Try emailing Willerby and asking what the paint code is? Alternatively try emailing the National Trust as it's their requirement.

One point, would it be easier to get a company to spray it while it's off site than on? Trying to get a completely wind free, dry, no insect day to spray might be difficult? 

Good idea I’ll ask them now

te the spray 

to find somebody with a big enough unit for fit a 33 foot caravan plus I was told it would be over 3k

i think for an 8 k caravan a good quality brush and roller will suffice although I do have a spray gun so it’s an option I may look at spraying myself.

thanks for input

peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there is a company called promain.co.uk who supply caravan paint in all colours give them a try..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

painted the van

looks great

just a few more bits to finish off

431D6DAA-76CB-476F-A0B1-2D62D846D881.jpeg

Other side completed

244B8D53-527D-4ACC-A17B-07C7762E2D04.jpeg

So front windows left to do

Edited by Peterh7036
Typo

If anybody needs any help with technique let me know as I had to shoot blind doing this,

regarding paint choice and ral numbers  etc

Looks very good. How did you do it in the end? How did you clean it and get the paint to stick, especially the upvc?

Looks like you have made a great job of it, well done.

Hi all

i cleaned it with a product called virosol which is a degreaser

paint I used needed no primer so just sprayed 2-3 coats of light green over everything in a gloss, then left it a few days and masked windows up and sprayed them a dark green in a satin finish,

probably needs a few weeks to fully harden  and probably won’t be as hard wearing as factory finish but I’m sure it will last quite a while and and issue I can touch up as and when .

03FEEDA8-325A-4673-9BBA-27C7C61AECF7.jpeg

From this to this

5BEBF6C1-A015-4C19-B6A3-5129716F38BD.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Peterh7036 said:

i cleaned it with a product called virosol which is a degreaser

paint I used needed no primer so just sprayed 2-3 coats of light green over everything in a gloss, then left it a few days and masked windows up and sprayed them a dark green in a satin finish,

probably needs a few weeks to fully harden  and probably won’t be as hard wearing as factory finish but I’m sure it will last quite a while and and issue I can touch up as and when .

Many years ago at college I used to earn cash working on students cars. My wife and daughter lived in a mobile home were I would be at weekends. I worked on peoples cars there but would not take money. When I left college and having turned down job offers away from home I decided on two weeks break before job seeking. I called in favours from a spray painter and a coach painter. I applied two coats of undercoat using an enamel called repaint, rubbed down and had it resprayed purple with a faux black leather roof. The coach painter put a stripe on each side and was amazing to watch. Asked at what height I wanted the stripe he loaded his brush and just walked down the length of the estate car leaving a perfect line on both sides.

The point is that 2 weeks later it was keyed in a car park and I was indeed upset. A few days later and it had healed and no damage visible. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2020 at 21:22, Peterh7036 said:

If anybody needs any help with technique let me know as I had to shoot blind doing this,

regarding paint choice and ral numbers  etc

Hi I'm in exactly the same position as you and you're van looks great! Could you email me the paint you used etc as I would be so greatful to know how you got such an amazing finish.

Kindest regards Ian

Mod edit: Email address removed. Pls use the PM system to message. 

• 5 months later...

Hi, what a great finish you have achieved. Please could you tell me which brand of paint have you used? I am looking for the best paint for my Eccles Amethyst 1983 caravan. It is currently silver and bubble gum pink. 

Ral 6021 but he hasn't been back on the forum since July 2020.

Google links to ralcolourchart.com

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 2 months later...

I purchased a Boston willerby lodge 2015 in December privately then we went into look down so we haven’t been able to use it until the 12th April 2021 but are aloud to go on site to get it ready . So today I cleaned the decking and lodge but noticed that some paint was coming off the lodge showing the insulation. I used washing up liquid with a sponge I don’t know what to do to repair this . Is there some paint I can get to go over the holes ? Kind regards Claire 

14 hours ago, Claire firmager said:

I purchased a Boston willerby lodge 2015 in December privately then we went into look down so we haven’t been able to use it until the 12th April 2021 but are aloud to go on site to get it ready . So today I cleaned the decking and lodge but noticed that some paint was coming off the lodge showing the insulation. I used washing up liquid with a sponge I don’t know what to do to repair this . Is there some paint I can get to go over the holes ? Kind regards Claire 

Not sure what you mean by paint coming off and exposing the insulation - the insulation will be between the interior and exterior wall. The only way the insulation will be exposed is if the exterior wall has rotted away, in which case a new panel is the best solution.

If it is a plywood exterior with rendered/stucco coating, then maybe the render has come away and exposed the mesh (not insulation), in which case patching up with Resitex  and painting with Resifine or Presifine is needed.

Or, if this is a vinyl clad van, then maybe you mean the vinyl is peeling off exposing the panels?

You best option is to either (or both):

- ask the park manager to look at it and then tell you what you need to do.

- take photos and send to Willerby, along with the serial number of the van,  and ask them what you need to do. Most manufacturers have very helpful technical departments.

It will be repairable, but it will probably need more than just paint if the cladding is peeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all , does anyone here know the colour/code for a willerby Canterbury , i know its cream but that’s it , got some paint need touching up , thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Steven Newton said:

Hi all , does anyone here know the colour/code for a willerby Canterbury , i know its cream but that’s it , got some paint need touching up , thanks in advance 

Have you asked Willerby?

Bear in mind that paint often fades, so touch-ups can sometimes look patchy.

Yeah thanks , I thought that , luckily it’s on the other side of the van so you don’t see that much, I’ll try email to willerby

• 2 months later...

Hi i have a 2013 ABI vista Platinum green caravan , where would i get some paint as metal chairs were too close to van and have damaged the paint work thanks