Sign in to follow this  
GaryB1969

Latest CMC Covid-19 statement

I still do not understand why we cannot access the caravan in the storage area. The site entrance requires an electric card which you present to the pad in front of the barrier and another to get into the storage area. This means I can do that without any problem of contact and no one is ever going to be near me. On that basis there is no risk whatsoever in going to the caravan.

I do appreciate that some sites need a key for access and possibly they are a problem but see no reason why we should be prejudiced because of this.

20 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

I still do not understand why we cannot access the caravan in the storage area. The site entrance requires an electric card which you present to the pad in front of the barrier and another to get into the storage area. This means I can do that without any problem of contact and no one is ever going to be near me. On that basis there is no risk whatsoever in going to the caravan.

I do appreciate that some sites need a key for access and possibly they are a problem but see no reason why we should be prejudiced because of this.

I store my 'van under similar security conditions on a private site. I simply 'phoned them up (2/3 weeks ago) as I'd prepared my 'van for an outing beginning March so it contained perishables & bedding that needed removing ASAP. Bear in mind that this 'lock-down' could go on indefinitely.

They were most helpful allowing me sole access with only a 'phone call to announce my arrival & departure. If they can do it  I don't see what the problem is, apart from them not wanting to make the effort, that is.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Our storage is fob access, and when the Covid kicked in they emailed to say that the access fobs had been de-activated.

They did say that you could call and arrange sole access, but requested that this only be done in extreme / urgent circumstances.

Sounded pretty fair to me.

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

We have no issue accessing our caravan which is in storage.

Just now, Durbanite said:

We have no issue accessing our caravan which is in storage.

+ 1, just been in this morning, opening and closing restriction in place though.

do you all have your vans in CMC storage?

I used to store mine on a CMC site which closed over winter.  Access was very restricted, so I'm not surprised people finding it difficult at the moment.

We have our van on a private storage site, we went to it today just to check the van over after we shut it down for winter, no intention of getting out for going any where at this time & found that the Fob access has been deactivated, good idea we thought ,stops anyone  trying to go away in the lock down there is always some one trying to ignore the rule, we walked in to check every thing was ok, all good.

Coachman Platinum Pastiche 560/4

Santa Fe Premium 2. 2 CRDi manual 7 seat

Kampa Air Ace 400

I think it is quite normal on a CMC site for access only to be allowed during warden working hours, please correct me if I am wrong. If I am correct then whilst at least one set of wardens are on site they have been furloughed and the CMC argument, as posted on the CMC forum today, is that whilst furloughed they are unable to undertake any of their usual tasks like supervising storage facilities as it would against the rules of the furlough system. 

David 

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

what about those people who haven't got a solar panel to keep the battery charged? I know that some insurers require the van to be alarmed and although the alarm has it's own battery , it wont last forever without the back up of the 12v. Therefore it may be essential to take the battery home to charge it up.

I would hope the insurers will accept that in these circumstances you cannot charge the battery.I In the unlikely event of theft it would be almost impossible to prove the alarm was not working, which they would have to do.

The Ombudsman does require the insurer to be fair to the insured party, and I think he would come down in your favour if the insurer turned down the claim, but I could not guarantee it.