12 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Is that question to me? 
Do you mean that protest in Berlin? Nothing like that around here that I’m aware off.

Long way from here Berlin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and London are all nearer to me.

I believe that Mr Plodd was referring to the confrontation in London where Jeremy Corbyns brother Piers was issued with a fine for non distancing. (I might be wrong. I usually am according to Mrs Townie.)

Sorry Townie, you are  wrong!

I was indeed referring to the “trouble” in what I now know was Berlin,

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

13 minutes ago, beejay said:

Sewage is processed and returned to rivers which then supply the source of water for treatment into drinking water.

Thames Water sewage treatment

Have a look at the diagram again you will see it is the last process of recycling then back into the river to drain into the  sea again

Edited by Guest

My sister just text me, her friend has had cancer for 3 years and has been slowly dying from it for months. She’s now died from the cancer, her death certificate states cause of death “Covid 19”.

No wonder UK death rates are high.

7 hours ago, matelodave said:

I sincerely hope and trust that should you be unfortunate enough to get Covid-19 and have to spend a week or more in intensive care that you'll be fully up and functional after a couple of weeks.  

Just saying, but several of the people that I know that have actually had it are really still quite unwell after a couple of months and would really struggle to do what he's been doing.

BTW I'm not a fan of Bojo but I dont really think either he nor the government need snide remarks at every cut and turn

The PM should have had a speech writer prepare his statement and he could have read this from a teleprompter!

Your first paragraph is rather snide, itself!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, kelper said:

The PM should have had a speech writer prepare his statement and he could have read this from a teleprompter!

I'm fairly sure he was reading from a teleprompter.

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Wouldn’t it be so much nicer if they pushed the fact that less people are being diagnosed with Covid, so social distancing IS working, along with how many fewer cases are in ICU and how, if everyone actually stuck to the rules/advice, much quicker everything could get back to normal? Ah silly me! That way people wouldn’t see how clever they are would they??

Andy

In the government briefing today the graphs have been changed. They now have one showing the number of new hospital admissions with the virus each day and yesterday was about 750. They also give the number in hospital which is now about 11600, down a couple of thousand over the week and maybe 10000 since earlier in April. When areas in the UK are shown there is now a coloured map, I had thought before Lincolnshire was east England but it is the Midlands on the map.

The latest Labour leader still has to impress me, so far all he seems to do is criticise. It would be better if he gave details on how he was working with the government to get us through this but I suspect he is not doing anything. This is his big chance to show us how good he can be during one of the countries biggest problems in a lifetime and he is missing his opportunity to get the potential voters on his side.

Edited by Paul1957

Nope, Lincolnshire is really the East Midlands, not really the Midlands as most of us might understand it, coz there is also a West Midlands

Eastern England sort of finishes at Peterborough and the Wash but East Anglia doesn't really include Cambridgeshire.

Here's the official designation

555px-English_regions_2009.svg.png

Edited by matelodave

On wee Krankie's "daily waffle" today  there was absolutely no leadership ideas. She gave a lame unbelievable excuse as to why, when the COV-19 virus was discovered as far back as February among delegates at a NIKE conference in an Edinburgh Hotel, it was duly "covered up" as far as the people of Scotland was concerned.. Poor leadership !!.  :(

Wee Krankie..🤣🤣.....lol

2 minutes ago, George&Ade said:

Wee Krankie..🤣🤣.....lol

I thought everyone called her that 

15 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I thought everyone called her that 

I've heard her called The Shrek

1 hour ago, Paul1957 said:

The latest Labour leader still has to impress me, so far all he seems to do is criticise. It would be better if he gave details on how he was working with the government to get us through this but I suspect he is not doing anything. This is his big chance to show us how good he can be during one of the countries biggest problems in a lifetime and he is missing his opportunity to get the potential voters on his side.

Paul, he had a cob on when Boris didn’t invite him to sit in with the government on some important meetings … so his day-one statement that he wouldn’t bring politics into Covid went out of the window on day two !

John

1 hour ago, bessacarr425 said:

On wee Krankie's "daily waffle" today  there was absolutely no leadership ideas. She gave a lame unbelievable excuse as to why, when the COV-19 virus was discovered as far back as February among delegates at a NIKE conference in an Edinburgh Hotel, it was duly "covered up" as far as the people of Scotland was concerned.. Poor leadership !!.  :(

And what was the leadership of the UK Government doing at the same time? 

Remember, this was weeks before Cheltenham races, before Liverpool vs Atletico, before Boris Johnson was going around shaking hands with Covid-19 patients...

I just don’t know who to believe 😀

7C5785BC-E901-4027-B089-65A45C897761.png

5330CE26-6042-4F18-934B-F242F654A596.png

Both BBC articles 

Perhaps the German government is more optimistic

would anyone really be planning a holiday abroad now :blink:  The thought of sitting on an aeroplane at the moment is not something I would look forward to ( Ryanair  says you will wear face masks and ask to use the loo ) 

17 minutes ago, joanie said:

would anyone really be planning a holiday abroad now :blink:  The thought of sitting on an aeroplane at the moment is not something I would look forward to ( Ryanair  says you will wear face masks and ask to use the loo ) 

We have already booked! I never fly Ryan air but expect to have to wear a mask on any flight for a while.

15 minutes ago, AndersG said:

We have already booked! 

Whaaaaaat??? Are you mad?

I am trying to decide if that brave, or just plain foolish, and I am veering towards the second :unsure: 

All that recycled air and hundreds of people breathing it. It only takes a single  infected person on a plane with hundreds on it to put ALL the rest at risk. 

Good luck  (I reckon your going to need it!) 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

BBC report this morning about a holiday park in Wales inundated with people trying to book. Seems that many people assume that because they can travel anywhere they want, they can also book holidays.

Reported that the people in England trying to book cannot understand that (a) Wales has not yet released the lockdown, and (b) holiday parks are not yet open.

Wonder how many will simply turn up at the gate anyway?

7 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

BBC report this morning about a holiday park in Wales inundated with people trying to book. Seems that many people assume that because they can travel anywhere they want, they can also book holidays.

Reported that the people in England trying to book cannot understand that (a) Wales has not yet released the lockdown, and (b) holiday parks are not yet open.

Wonder how many will simply turn up at the gate anyway?

I don't why BBC is making a big deal out of it, I can not see anything dramatic if people want to book their holidays even if some turn up they will have to cross the border first knowing how the Heddlu operate I don't they will get through.

1 hour ago, Easy T said:

Perhaps the German government is more optimistic

I don't know whether they are more optimistic, actually I don't think they are, but they are under enormous pressure to try to get the economy up and running again. The cost of keeping people at home and limiting insolvency in the tourism industry is getting so high that it can't be sustained much longer. TUI, the biggest tour operator, has just announced 8000 redundancies.

43 minutes ago, AndersG said:

We have already booked! I never fly Ryan air but expect to have to wear a mask on any flight for a while.

where do you intend going and when?  what about the 14 day isolation on your return? 

38 minutes ago, Lutz said:

I don't know whether they are more optimistic, actually I don't think they are, but they are under enormous pressure to try to get the economy up and running again. The cost of keeping people at home and limiting insolvency in the tourism industry is getting so high that it can't be sustained much longer. TUI, the biggest tour operator, has just announced 8000 redundancies.

This...........   https://tinyurl.com/yabz72mq    an article on the BBC website gives some more info on TUI and their intentions, or hopes.