Posted (edited)

I find it interesting to read what is happening in other countries and if Borussia was not letting us know, I would not find out.

Mrs P worries far more than she needs to about the virus, even though she is at low risk of catching it, follows the rules and has a low risk of death from it due to no underlying conditions that make you vulnerable. No matter how much I advise she is very unlikely to die, she is convinced she will. She gets it all from the media which only goes on about how bad it is. She is due for her 3 monthly hospital blood test and iron infusion but is petrified and getting upset. However, I have explained the hospitals are not set up to make sure you get the virus when there and if she does not go she will end up in A&E for 3 days as a couple of years ago when her iron levels got that low she could not breath. Her choice is either a 1 hour infusion or 3 days in A&E when she gets ill which would then have a greater risk of catching the virus.

I am desperate to see a dentist but they are not allowed to see patients. I keep getting an abscess, I Talk to the dentist over the phone and they provide a prescription for antibiotics. The abscess then goes but comes back in less than 2 weeks so more antibiotics. Until the cause is fixed I will have to keep going on like this. There is an emergency dentist which people can be referred to but that is only for really serious problems and they are too busy for less serious ones.

Our daughter is a high school teacher and her school has never closed. It has remained open for children of key workers and out of over 1000 children, about 10 turn up each day. The teachers have a rota to go in and look after them and she is doing things for the children every day by email so their education does not suffer too much. She is not complaining about the school fully opening but a few of the teachers do not want to go back, some due to health reasons.

Edited by Paul1957
  • Like 1
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The government are trying to move us from strict lockdown to a situation where relaxed rules on movement will hopefully save the economy (and avoid all the problems health wise and financial that will

We all have to employ that rarest of attributes:- common sense

Dear me, there seems to be a fair few posters who are starting to suffer "lockdown syndrome", (getting wound up about other peoples opinions). Can we just agree that we, (the electorate), voted Boris

Posted Images

I don't blame your missus not wanting to go anywhere near a hospital.  I cancelled two hospital appointments in the past month.  One of them is a bit on the urgent side as now beginning to feel the effects of not going to the hospital for the injection.

2 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I don't blame your missus not wanting to go anywhere near a hospital.  I cancelled two hospital appointments in the past month.  One of them is a bit on the urgent side as now beginning to feel the effects of not going to the hospital for the injection.

My wife and I both had hospital appointments for surgery in April cancelled because of the current crisis, so unlike you, we were not given the option.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

32 minutes ago, Gordon said:

My wife and I both had hospital appointments for surgery in April cancelled because of the current crisis, so unlike you, we were not given the option.

Apologies for my poor use of the English language as I should have said" I had two appointments cancelled" due to my current issues so no option.

• Thanks 1

Some interesting information on the virus from CDC which says Cats and dogs catch it .

• I do not understand 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

the info that I had about only one dog tested for covid and they found a weak  positive in the dogs nose thought to be from sniffing the owner who was positive. The dog had a blood test that was negative.  Therefore  although I don't touch other people's dogs, I'm not worried about my own dogs.

• 3 weeks later...

I went for a test this morning, due to a cough and loss of the sense of taste.

A very slick operation in my opinion, I can't think of a way it could have bene made any safer.

48 hours and I should have my result.

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

2 minutes ago, Hort2074 said:

A very slick operation in my opinion, I can't think of a way it could have bene made any safer.

Lots of crossed fingers in your house then!! 

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

7 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Lots of crossed fingers in your house then!! 

Andy

I guess so. It is what it is I suppose, if I have it then I assume my wife and little girl have it also.

We are all working from home, so isolation will be a continuation rather than an novelty.

I actually feel OK, a little under the weather but I have had colds worse than this. Based on the horror stories I have heard regarding Covid-19, I'm assuming I don't have it but our local test centre had over 500 tests available today so thought it worth getting tested.

That and the fact I have two of the three main symptoms.

59 minutes ago, Hort2074 said:

Keep us informed as to how you get on. Good luck.

• I agree completely 1

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

4 minutes ago, Townie said:

Keep us informed as to how you get on. Good luck.

Thanks, will do.

• Like 1

Good luck Hort.

Hope its just something simple like a common cold.👍

23 minutes ago, George&Ade said:

Good luck Hort.

Thanks very much, I'm assuming it probably is as I haven't had any fever at all.

Years ago Mrs P had a bad cold and lost her senses of taste and smell and they have not come back that much. Hence it can be caused by things other than COVID-19, hopefully in your case it is not this but if so, hope you only get it mildly.

Edited by Paul1957
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, George&Ade said:

Good luck Hort.

One day (hopefully) we will regard covid 19 as a common virus

When we have all built up immunity

• I agree completely 1
On 11/06/2020 at 09:35, Hort2074 said:

As promised, I am back with the results. It's a negative.

Nice to actually know, but it doesn't tell you if you have had it, just if you had it at the time of the test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

great result, it must have been a worrying couple of days. My neighbour has been tested negative as well,  lets hope there are more negative tests..

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Hort2074 said:

Nice to actually know, but it doesn't tell you if you have had it, just if you had it at the time of the test.

Glad to hear it Hort.:) My neighbour on one side caught it while in hospital having cancer treatment, (thankfully recovered and back home now). My neighbour on the other side is a doctor of psychology working for the NHS, she's now been tested twice and has come back negative on both occasions despite working in the same hospital where neighbour number one caught it.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

My wife went into hospital on Friday for an urgent op cancelled for April,she was tested last Tuesday,assumed ok. At the hospital I had to take her to a side entrance,masks on, we were met outside,I was ushered away and she came home Saturday.

I am not unduly worried as it seemed to be very well organised,wife said inside was scrupulously clean,all rules followed,she was a bit surprised at the amount of ppi the staff got through,but assume its necessary.

she was lucky to go to a private hospital under the nhs.

fingers crossed now for ten days.

22 hours ago, Hort2074 said:

That's good to hear Hort.

I had to go for eye surgery, so also took the COVID-19 test last week. Like you, also negative. I guessed as much but it's still nice to have it confirmed. :)

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an amazing positive story on today's BBC website about Mal and the 80 days he spent in hospital with the virus. Some of the time he was given no chance of survival but somehow came through it all. 

It is a prime example of how this virus can impact people and the effect it can have. This is not simple flu and those members of the public that flout the govt rules should read it. 

Amazing heart rending story but with a positive ending. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2020 at 10:57, Grandpa Steve said:

We have a round trip cruise booked from Southampton in December 2020, the balance will fall due in September and I will be expected to pay it in full. If the cruise company subsequently cancel I will expect a full refund, if i don't pay cancellation charges will apply.

Two months later and still the advice is not to go on a cruise, "The Foreign & Commonwealth Office advises against cruise ship travel at this time. This is due to the ongoing pandemic and is based on medical advice from Public Health England." See the GOV.UK website for an update posted yesterday (9th July 2020)

Stan.

Never argue with a fool. He'll just drag you down and then beat you with experience.