Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Following Boris Twitter post today, I'm confused as how we stand now.

 

Also how do the Police enforce this one?

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The government are trying to move us from strict lockdown to a situation where relaxed rules on movement will hopefully save the economy (and avoid all the problems health wise and financial that will

We all have to employ that rarest of attributes:- common sense

Dear me, there seems to be a fair few posters who are starting to suffer "lockdown syndrome", (getting wound up about other peoples opinions). Can we just agree that we, (the electorate), voted Boris

Posted Images

Common sense is incredibly difficult to enforce!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well how do you define 'as much as possible'? For me I'm never in much. Maybe a drive to the coast will be okay as otherwise I'm in as much as possible.

Limit contact - so go to work & visit friends etc -should be okay? but keep away from strangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PaulR said:

Well how do you define 'as much as possible'? For me I'm never in much. Maybe a drive to the coast will be okay as otherwise I'm in as much as possible.

Limit contact - so go to work & visit friends etc -should be okay? but keep away from strangers.

We just have to wait until 7 pm tonight to find out what exactly is happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oldboy said:

We just have to wait until 7 pm tonight to find out what exactly is happening.

 

True, I'm quite happy to limit the number of people I interact with, being able to see my son will do me.

But unless he clearly defines his plan the police will have a bigger nightmare then what was encountered over this weekend .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PaulR said:

 

True, I'm quite happy to limit the number of people I interact with, being able to see my son will do me.

But unless he clearly defines his plan the police will have a bigger nightmare then what was encountered over this weekend .

 

The police across the whole country has not been consistent in enforcing the lock down so nothing change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PaulR said:

Well how do you define 'as much as possible'? For me I'm never in much. Maybe a drive to the coast will be okay as otherwise I'm in as much as possible.

Limit contact - so go to work & visit friends etc -should be okay? but keep away from strangers.

 

What's the difference between friends or strangers the virus does not know the difference ?

 

Dave

  • I agree completely 4

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

 

What's the difference between friends or strangers the virus does not know the difference ?

 

Dave

 

That's easy your friends will tell you if they have been anywhere and be respectful of your wellbeing, a stranger may not. The big difference is I trust my friends.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The gov have got to let us out

 

They need to justify the restart of the Footy, 

2013 Bailey Unicorn Cadiz  pulled by a Landrover Freelander 2 / VW Passat Estate 2.0 Blue Motion

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PaulR said:


Following Boris Twitter post today, I'm confused as how we stand now.

 

Also how do the Police enforce this one?

image.png

NS version, " stay home but go out for exercise as much as you want"

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all very confusing ?  As of Wednesday I can go out for the day and I can drive my MH to a beauty spot or beach and have a stroll and sit outside in the sun as long as we stay social distancing .

 

 

 

Dave

  • I do not understand 4

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not understand what is so difficult about following simple instruction using common sense.  Why do people require an in depth study of an instruction and have to question every word in an instruction.  Are they simpletons? 

  • Thanks 2
  • I agree completely 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

It's all very confusing ?  As of Wednesday I can go out for the day and I can drive my MH to a beauty spot or beach and have a stroll and sit outside in the sun as long as we stay social distancing .

 

 

 

Dave

And taking notice of the devolved country rules

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

It's all very confusing ?  As of Wednesday I can go out for the day and I can drive my MH to a beauty spot or beach and have a stroll and sit outside in the sun as long as we stay social distancing .

What is difficult to comprehend? the PM said, "You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.

You must obey the rules on social distancing and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them" but he also made it clear that, "This is not the time simply to end the lockdown" as many restrictions will remain in place.

 

The full transcript and video is available here.

  • Thanks 2
  • I agree completely 5

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I do not understand what is so difficult about following simple instruction using common sense.  Why do people require an in depth study of an instruction and have to question every word in an instruction.  Are they simpletons? 

Because simple instructions are seldom clear!

As long as there are words like "as much as possible" there is scope for discussion as to what it means.

Just how far away are these "other destinations" we can now drive to?

 

  • I agree completely 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stevan said:

simple instructions are seldom clear!

Just how far away are these "other destinations" we can now drive to?

We all have to employ that rarest of attributes:- common sense

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • I agree completely 7

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

 

What's the difference between friends or strangers the virus does not know the difference ?

 

Dave

 

It really is very simple, if you are with people from within your household you do not need to Social Distance.

 

For anyone else, friends, family, strangers alike you need to be 2m apart where it is possible, there will be occasions where you can't be 2m apart, in which case you need to take other measures such as both parties wearing basic PPE such as masks.

  • Thanks 1
  • I agree completely 2

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

 

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gordon said:

We all have to employ that rarest of attributes:- common sense

"Common sense" is even more difficult to define than it is to find!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no confusion!!!  It's perfectly clear to any intelligent person. It's just common sense.............  Its sad to see that for some people, common sense is not very common. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose that if there is anyone who has not seen, read or heard anything about the coronavirus or the lockdown in England, then the instructions are baffling.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are always a section of people who want every decision made for them, abrogating responsibility.  They can then feel adventurous or reckless by ignoring the rules or sanctimonious by lecturing others etc.  The 'rules' have to try and be firm enough to achieve their aims, yet flexible enough to cover all possible eventualities and questions.  An impossible task and the more complex the problem the more the 'rules' have to rely on peoples 'common sense and or intelligence (the two are not always found in the same head) .  

 

Quite clear as far as I am concerned. 

  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 6

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

I suppose that if there is anyone who has not seen, read or heard anything about the coronavirus or the lockdown in England, then the instructions are baffling.

 

If they have not heard or read anything how will they know about the instructions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alan Stanley said:

There are always a section of people who want every decision made for them, abrogating responsibility.  They can then feel adventurous or reckless by ignoring the rules or sanctimonious by lecturing others etc.  The 'rules' have to try and be firm enough to achieve their aims, yet flexible enough to cover all possible eventualities and questions.  An impossible task and the more complex the problem the more the 'rules' have to rely on peoples 'common sense and or intelligence (the two are not always found in the same head) .  

 

Quite clear as far as I am concerned. 

I agree totally but would add that there are those who will argue with anything and everything the government does or suggests.  

  • I agree completely 7

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One of my neighbours had a VE Party Friday evening ignoring rules and police got called and they quickly social distanced themselves and they got issued a warning .

 

People think it is all over when nothing has changed the virus is still here and the only difference is we have more ICU beds waiting for you ?

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...