How far away is your caravan/motorhome storage

I was just wondering how far folk have to travel to their storage compound.

Im lucky as mines only 6 miles away(may as well be 600 miles away at the moment😕).

We did have it stored down the side of the house but access to the rear kitchen door and garden was impossible so storage was the best solution.

How far away is yours?

5 metres give or take ;)

Same here about 7 miles, I can leave mine on the driveway but I would rather it is stored somewhere for home security reason when I am away.

Had various vans for 40+ years and till 5years ago they were stored at back of house in garden then we got vigo to long and where we stored it it was about 12 miles, changed van this year for swift elegance and now it’s in back garden once again about 10’ from back door.

About 3 1/2 minutes drive. Good job really the number of times I've forgotten the key. 

About 12 miles. Used to be on the front of the house but it was a pain getting through to the back garden.

No need for that matelodave🤣

This was our previous van in driveway.

Just a tad too long me thinks

20190809_104625.jpg

Edited by George&Ade
Insert picture

Less than 2 miles. Also very handy because the storage site owners live on site and are willing to open the gates for us even now, if we phone in advance.

About 4 mtrs from back door with hookup . Used to be less than 5 mins walk to locked compound.

35 minutes ago, joanie said:

3 miles.

Snap

About 6 foot away! :)

About 10 miles away in a barn with half a dozen others.

During the season we normally park it in front of the house April till October - but not this year.

22 miles away. Fortunately stored where I work so I often sit in it at lunchtimes and have overnighted on many occasions when we’re up against a tight delivery schedule. Parked in a little glade overlooking the lake. Been tempted a few times to put the awning up....

10 minutes drive from home to the storage site.

Safe and sound 11 miles away and I can't wait to be using it again.

10 minutes drive CASSOA Gold site-its locked down.

About the same as one or two others, 3 miles.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

About twelve inches.

There have been sightings of strangers in the area (it is fairly remote so there should not be during the lockdown) and an uprise in burglaries, mostly break-ins to sheds. So I have moved the van tight up against the side of the house where it is not visible from the road.  There is nothing worth stealing from it, but that would not stop them trying.

Ours is about 6 miles away but very happy as very secure and has an automated gate system based on digital lock and number plate recognition meaning no getting out in bad weather to open and close gates. We were very lucky as when we came back to caravaning last year I initially could not find storage within a 30 mile radius as everywhere was completely full. I found this the day before our new van arrived 😮

Quite close🤫

84986D3F-8993-49B4-A390-4E0F30A8C05F.png