Sign in to follow this  
rslsys

Away again!

Third weekend away since lockdown and we haven’t been past the front gate. Nestled in nicely near the potting shed.

Cheers

Keith

AF8B674B-BC28-445E-970C-B5C63843F737.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck to you - but three Aquarolls??? :D

Hope your wearing your masks ??

9 minutes ago, Gordon said:

He took two of them to that craft brewery who are giving beer away, just bring your own container. 🍻😋🤣

The beer is free, he would rather give it away than tip it down a grid, however he suggests a donation can be made to a NHS charity he is collecting for.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gordon said:

Actually 4 plus a full on-board tank!

We’ve reported a water leak in the verge by our front gate twice. The first time, Anglian Water went to the wrong location, declared there was no leak and closed the case. On the second report, someone actually turned up at the right location on Tuesday, and declared we were an emergency to be actioned within 5 days. Whilst we were moving the van this morning, Road Closed signs appeared on the road by our gate. Despite having been assured that we would be disconnected for the absolute minimum time, we opted to equip ourselves with 200 litres of water, just in case.

At lunchtime the signs disappeared without any work having been done, I have yet to visit the ‘wrong’ location to see if anything has been done there . . 

Cheers 

Keith

83354859-367B-426A-9698-47C486F6D4BE.jpeg

Edited by rslsys

Depending on the volume of leak they may choose to leave it and prioritise. Sometimes the loss is less than the cost of repair.  (And that's from an AW employee a few years ago) 

2 hours ago, rslsys said:

Third weekend away since lockdown and we haven’t been past the front gate. Nestled in nicely near the potting shed.

Cheers

Keith

AF8B674B-BC28-445E-970C-B5C63843F737.jpeg

Looks like a nice CL!

5 minutes ago, clairendave said:

Depending on the volume of leak they may choose to leave it and prioritise. Sometimes the loss is less than the cost of repair.  (And that's from an AW employee a few years ago) 

Apparently they are looking for jobs to do. Since lockdown they are not doing repairs on ‘domestic’ leaks, if the leak was in the middle of my lawn and not the verge, they would not touch it. The cynic in me thinks they will do it over the weekend on overtime . . .

Cheers

Keith

Rslsys,

Your replies certainly made me smile Keith.

:Thankyou:

10 hours ago, rslsys said:

We’ve reported a water leak in the verge by our front gate twice.

The first time, Anglian Water went to the wrong location, declared there was no leak and closed the case.

On the second report, someone actually turned up at the right location and declared we were an emergency to be actioned within 5 days.

At lunchtime the signs disappeared without any work having been done,

10 hours ago, rslsys said:

The cynic in me thinks they will do it over the weekend on overtime . . .

As if a 'professional' organisation would act in such a manner . . . :unsure: :blink: :blush:

10 hours ago, clairendave said:

Depending on the volume of leak they may choose to leave it and prioritise. Sometimes the loss is less than the cost of repair. 

clairendave,

So it's all about cost to the company over customer service. That sounds about right . . . 

13 hours ago, MalH said:

Looks like a nice CL!

It's the third location we've found in the garden. I think I can find a fourth without major tree surgery. Do you have to have capacity for 5 vans on a CL, or could you have a 3/4 van one?

Cheers

Keith

On 01/05/2020 at 21:37, clairendave said:

The cost to them is zero because it's simply added to their costs that are then added to your bill. 

On 02/05/2020 at 11:39, rslsys said:

It's the third location we've found in the garden. I think I can find a fourth without major tree surgery. Do you have to have capacity for 5 vans on a CL, or could you have a 3/4 van one?

Cheers

Keith

Yes there's quite a few in the book, including one we stayed at last year outside Hull with 4 pitches 

• Thanks 1

Just booked a couple days at consiton 3rd week in July.....we live in hope fingers crossed.

I think July might be optimistic but you never know your luck. We have not booked until August, but are unsure even about that.

On 02/05/2020 at 11:39, rslsys said:

Cheers

Keith

% is the maximum at any one time - there are CLs operating with less.

We went away this weekend. It is the twittersteamrally.co.uk today. It was a bit hot so we just let the engine tick over whilst we sat in the shade.

We are on the pub run at the moment...

IMG_0432.JPG

• Like 1

I don't think it's on the peg? 

The wardens will be round shortly:lol:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, WispMan said:

I don't think it's on the peg? 

The wardens will be round shortly:lol:

Back right hand corner is absolutely on the peg! I moved the peg there after I had parked the 'van :D

Cheers

Keith

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rslsys said:

I moved the peg there after I had parked the 'van :D

Don't we all do that . . . . . . . . ?

17 hours ago, staffordshirechina said:

We went away this weekend. It is the twittersteamrally.co.uk today. It was a bit hot so we just let the engine tick over whilst we sat in the shade.

We are on the pub run at the moment...

IMG_0432.JPG

Did you tow with the engine?

• Haha 1

No, l would need three foot mirrors!:D

• Haha 1