Jump to content
ValA

ADAC Renewal after 01/04/2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have scanned, OCR and translated the letter I had as further up this topic.

Attached is the actual letter.

Is this the same letter?

 

adac letter.jpeg

Edited by staffordshirechina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlanNancy said:

Another day and yet another letter from ADAC, that's three letters in the last few days.

When I go in to Google translate the message appears 'Not another letter from ADAC'.

Confused of Bognor.

Alan

So far I have had no letters from ADAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I understand from the letter posted above that the ADAC have had problems with the terms and conditions for Plus Membership being incompatible with consumer protection rights in some other countries and that they have therefore taken the decision to withdraw Plus Membership from those members not residing in Germany.

 

Edited by Lutz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lutz said:

I understand from the letter posted above that the ADAC have had problems with the terms and conditions for Plus Membership being incompatible with consumer protection rights in some other countries and that they have therefore taken the decision to withdraw Plus Membership from those members not residing in Germany.

 

 

Thereby, effectively, by only offering cover in Germany via the basic membership  UK caravanners will need European wide breakdown cover from another source.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2020 at 14:53, beejay said:

 

Britannia Rescue cover up to 8 metre.  Available via LV= insurance or Boundless Motoring Club (ex-CSMA) or Nationwide FlexPlus account.  Excellent foreign cover (although one person may want to debate that)

 

Having looked at their website it does look like a contender, thanks.

Annoyingly, I can't compare with red pennant now as they have pulled the buying pages from their website until people may want it again. Probably it will have gone up by then too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, staffordshirechina said:

I have scanned, OCR and translated the letter I had as further up this topic.

Attached is the actual letter.

Is this the same letter?

 

adac letter.jpeg

Yes that's the same letter that I received.

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then the translation is the one I posted on page two of this thread. The crucial sentence is the one in red, only the cut off date for you will be your renewal date. Mine is 1st July.

We will all have to look elsewhere for our cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity, now have to see what else is on offer from the other companies, well they did well out of us as over the 10 years we were members we never had to call them out once...., 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not had my letter.

Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alan29 said:

Still not had my letter.

Anyone else?

 

When is your membership due for renewal? Perhaps they only send the letters immediately prior to the renewal date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lutz said:

 

When is your membership due for renewal? Perhaps they only send the letters immediately prior to the renewal date.

March 1st.

Could be. But they should allow for the three months termination time (?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got a reply from one of the ADAC ladies who has helped me in the past. She has confirmed that from renewal which for me is Sept 1st, plus will only be available to residents in Germany.

What a shame but hardly surprising. Therefor I have given my notice to leave which has gone off to HQ to be processed.

 

I'm eligible to join the CSMA but am tending to go back towards Mayday and RP for the trips abroad although one coming up with car but no caravan might be interesting.

Are there any other benefits of the CSMA other than shop discounts etc?

 

Anyone else found any other alternatives.

Edited by Jiffy176

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent two emails to ADAC one on the 1st and one on the 4th May - so far I have not received a reply!

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AlanNancy said:

I sent two emails to ADAC one on the 1st and one on the 4th May - so far I have not received a reply!

Alan

I sent a message via their website contact page on 30th April and am still waiting for a  reply. I got the auto confirmation so I know they had the message and more importantly, can therefore prove I gave them notice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 19:02, Jiffy176 said:

I got a reply from one of the ADAC ladies who has helped me in the past. She has confirmed that from renewal which for me is Sept 1st, plus will only be available to residents in Germany.

What a shame but hardly surprising. Therefor I have given my notice to leave which has gone off to HQ to be processed.

 

I'm eligible to join the CSMA but am tending to go back towards Mayday and RP for the trips abroad although one coming up with car but no caravan might be interesting.

Are there any other benefits of the CSMA other than shop discounts etc?

 

Anyone else found any other alternatives.

 

You can get cover with LV= Britannia Rescue without joining Boundless (CSMA)

LV breakdown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, beejay said:

 

You can get cover with LV= Britannia Rescue without joining Boundless (CSMA)

LV breakdown

Yes you're right, I checked it out but looking at the boundless price alongside standard makes boundless a steal in comparison. I'm just waiting to find out if Mayday will cover my bike as well. 

The problems is that nothing is as good as ADAC they just scoop you up and recover which might ruin a holiday. At least with RP they try to salvage the holiday.

Edited by Jiffy176

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2020 at 08:44, ValA said:

Just a word of warning that we renewed our ADAC subscription on 01/04/2020, with no issues, done in English by email, to someone 'working from home for ADAC' and were told in her reply that our ADAC PLUS Card would still be valid,  but on the 25th April received a letter from ADAC and a new card, which initially we just put in the car.  But then we re-read the email and had another look at the card, and translated the letter which reads:  "Since the ADAC Plus services are no longer available, we will send you your new ADAC Club card today.  It is valid indefinitely if the membership fee is paid every year.  Please sign the card on the back, you can destroy your previous ADAC Plus membership card."


We then looked at the ADAC webpage and this confirms that ADAC CLUB membership offers services only in Germany, though PLUS still covers Europe wide breakdown, so ADAC CLUB is of no use to us.  A communication with ADAC by email has elicited the response that if we have used their services in the previous year, they are withdrawing cover for those not resident in Germany.    We haven't called them out in the previous year, but did call them out a couple of years ago.    They will, however, refund our payment - though we're waiting for official confirmation of this.

I know, as for all these ADAC questions, there will be differing opinions, and people who say 'I have just renewed without a problem' but I'd be interested to know if anyone else has received a new card and simply assumed it was a replacement, but then translated the letter and had their 'PLUS' membership cancelled and 'CLUB' membership substituted.  

 

ADAC Webpage.jpg

hi I have just received a letter from adac stating that my renewal in July will be for Germany only, they have removed ADAC plus. Having contacted ADAC I was informed that they thought this change came about because of brexit,

  • I disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MickW said:

hi I have just received a letter from adac stating that my renewal in July will be for Germany only, they have removed ADAC plus. Having contacted ADAC I was informed that they thought this change came about because of brexit,

 

It can't be because of Brexit because it affects residents of other EU countries just as much as members in the UK.

  • I agree completely 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 16:29, alan29 said:

March 1st.

Could be. But they should allow for the three months termination time (?)

If you renewed BEFORE 01/04/2020 you keep your PLUS benefits until your next renewal date.  If you renew AFTER 01/04/2020 you lose them immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I telephoned ADAC on Thursday and the chap said "there is no point in renewing your membership. Send an email to  service@adac.de saying that you wish to end your membership".

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The email to ADAC didn't work!!!

Yesterday I received renewal notices for myself and my wife  from ADAC.

How on earth can I stop this? Suggestions Please.

Alan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AlanNancy said:

The email to ADAC didn't work!!!

Yesterday I received renewal notices for myself and my wife  from ADAC.

How on earth can I stop this? Suggestions Please.

Alan 

Worry not. ADAC staff are all working remotely, and the renewal letters would be sent out automatically.

Simply ignore it. I wrote by email too, and got a standard acknowledgment to the effect that correspondence will be responded to once the office is functioning.

Edited by susa
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AlanNancy said:

The email to ADAC didn't work!!!

Yesterday I received renewal notices for myself and my wife  from ADAC.

How on earth can I stop this? Suggestions Please.

Alan 

Alan, I have sent them two emails recently. One to cancel my membership which got a reply after about 10 days and the second giving details of my bank for a refund of an overpayment (which was to be used next year). I was beginning to fear for the refund after nothing for another 10 days. However, yesterday the money appeared in my account, no problem.

They do seem to take a while to grind their way through but I suppose they are struggling like everyone else.

Incidentally, we got auto renew letters too.

Edited by staffordshirechina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just renewed, as cover runs out this week, without being aware of this issue. I have renewed by email in previous years and for my membership it covers Europe until June 2021 when cover changes just to Germany.  Email response below, which I doubled checked with her, covers Europe until June 2021.

 

 

Dear Simon,

 

thank you for your message.

 

Your Membership ist renewed for the next year.

 

As you already know, persons without residence in Germany will no longer be accepted as ADAC members since 2017.

 

Existing memberships could be continued.

 

Due to the withdrawal of Great Britain from the EU, the European breakdown protection is no longer available.

For this reason, all English ADAC members will be converted to a Germany-wide membership.

It includes the breakdown service only in Germany.

 

In your case the changeover will take place on 01. June 2021.

 

I am sorry to have to give you this news.

 

Please let us know if you want us to cancel your membership on 01. June 2021.

Thank you very much.

 

Your sincerely,

 

Silvia Maier
Geschäftsstelle & Reisebüro
ADAC Südbayern e. V., Paracelsusstraße 1, 93053 Regensburg
Tel: (0941) 5 56 73 Fax: (0941) 56 16 65
adac-regensburg@sby.adac.de
www.adac.de/suedbayern

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...