Was on news this evening that the last closed B&Q had opened.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is that Sturgeon woman lifting the Lock-down at a different time from the rest of the UK??? ..  Strange Times -Strange Woman. 

She isn't and you know it, peddling false stories is never good.

Ok so we’ve gone from she IS lifting it at a different time to the rest of the uk to it’s being seriously considered lol

Posted Images

""I also have a broken dishwasher that I replaced back in March, and is now an eyesore cluttering up the garden, while awaiting disposal. ""                                         

Around where I live   just leave the appliance by the front gate . It will soon disappear ,the local tat collectors   seem to think they are essential       

31 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Was on news this evening that the last closed B&Q had opened.

From my experience of B&Q recently it will be the very last place I go to in the future.

I ordered a fence panel and another item for Click and Collect, a week later , after contacting the B&Q customer services I got an Email saying the items were out of stock and I would be getting a refund.

The fence panel was £48.00

Rang a local wood supplier, asked if they made fence panels, was asked what I wanted, explained, told it would be about a week as they had a backlog of orders but would be delivered as soon as made , and the cost £29.00.

Within 24 hours the fence panel was on my drive, much better quality than B&Q offer.

If I had wanted delivery from B&Q it would have added an extra £20.00

It is now two weeks since B&Q said they would refund me, but today I got an Email from them saying they understood that I wanted a refund and that it would take 2 weeks or so ………………….

It only took them less than 2 seconds to take my money, yet over a month to refund. :excl:

• I agree completely 2
58 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

But Screwfix (the same owner as B&Q) and Toolstation are still open for C&C.

Woodentop,

It's one thing to offer click and collect but that's only useful if they have what you want in stock, or can order it for you.

8 minutes ago, Brecon said:

It only took them less than 2 seconds to take my money, yet over a month to refund. :excl:

Brecon,

That sounds about right :ph34r:

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

AFAIK rats only appear if there is food waste available, and this should be bagged and put in the general rubbish bin, not heaped up in a corner along with the clapped out fridge, rubble, and other household detritus.

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

People feeding birds attracts them as well - TBH they are all over the place and I reckon you'd be shocked if you knew how many there were within 50ft of where you live.

We have loads where we live, out in the country, near water courses and where people also keep chickens. It costs me a fortune  to keep them fed with rat bait just to try and keep them out of the house. If only I could persuade my wife not to keep feeding birds it would be a lot easier

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

14 hours ago, micktheshed said:

Just to make the issue even more ridiculous, there are two staff (in the same port-a-cabin) apparently acting as security in case someone wants to steal household waste! 

I think you'll find that they are there to stop some unscrupulous  builders using their cars to dump building waste instead of paying the tip commercial rates to dump their rubbish. That's why we get so much fly tipping.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, matelodave said:

People feeding birds attracts them as well - TBH they are all over the place and I reckon you'd be shocked if you knew how many there were within 50ft of where you live.

I would be very surprised if we had any rats within 50m of our residence.  I think our two cats have wiped out the local rat population.  However we still have a problem with the tree rats!

Edited by Durbanite

you would think that the cats would keep them away, I would say that they help to keep the population down.  We had a cat who died of kidney failure at 8 year old and the vet said there were teeth marks on his neck. 

If you could see the size of some of them you'd realise that they'd put up a pretty good fight against a cat. Some around here are as big as bunny rabbits (and yes I do know the difference).

There are a couple of biggish cats that live near me, one that lives just over the road which prowls around our garden  but we still get them in the garden, despite rat bait boxes at each corner and along our boundary with the field behind. We are just trying ever so hard to keep them out of the house. Mice are a problem as well, I've managed to dispose of around a dozen up in our loft already this year  but they are hard to find under 140m2 or 400mm insulation.

Traps are best in the loft because you can get the bodies down before they start to fester

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

We've got a tree-rat and I suspect it lives in our loft. It shins up the drainpipe to get onto the guttering, whizzes round the house and then disappears. It's probably found a displaced slate to gain entry.

When I get worked up enough I'll get up into the loft and investigate but it's a huge old rambling house and I'm not as young as I was.

SWMBO says I should let it be - I don't know if it's the squirrel she cares about, or me falling through the ceiling :D

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

28 minutes ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

We've got a tree-rat and I suspect it lives in our loft. It shins up the drainpipe to get onto the guttering, whizzes round the house and then disappears. It's probably found a displaced slate to gain entry.

When I get worked up enough I'll get up into the loft and investigate but it's a huge old rambling house and I'm not as young as I was.

SWMBO says I should let it be - I don't know if it's the squirrel she cares about, or me falling through the ceiling :D

I was told that playing loud pop music in the loft deters squirrels - when our wooden fascias were rotting, we had issues with squirrels in the loft so I put an old radio in the loft playing Radio 1 at full volume until we could get the fascias replaced -  it worked!

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

1 hour ago, Black Grouse said:

I was told that playing loud pop music in the loft deters squirrels - when our wooden fascias were rotting, we had issues with squirrels in the loft so I put an old radio in the loft playing Radio 1 at full volume until we could get the fascias replaced -  it worked!

I'll bet he neighbours loved that ! :P

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

I have seen ads for ultrasonic devices to deter cats etc,  maybe one of those would scare the uninvited guest.

O

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

14 minutes ago, 664DaveS said:

I have seen ads for ultrasonic devices to deter cats etc,  maybe one of those would scare the uninvited guest.

O

My mate got one of those and then found out that the cat he was trying to deter was deaf :(

Posted (edited)

A picture of a rat we were getting in our garden a couple of years ago. There might have been others but we only saw one. It is trying to climb the bird table. We stopped feeding the birds and turned over the bird bath so it does not contain water any more and it stopped coming after some time. We now only occasionally get rat droppings in the garden.

rat.JPG

Edited by Paul1957