So why are B& Q open but Garden centers are not ?  Most items in B& Q will keep but plants will not.  Must be a good reason so what is it ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is that Sturgeon woman lifting the Lock-down at a different time from the rest of the UK??? ..  Strange Times -Strange Woman. 

She isn't and you know it, peddling false stories is never good.

Ok so we’ve gone from she IS lifting it at a different time to the rest of the uk to it’s being seriously considered lol

Posted Images

Why is that Sturgeon woman lifting the Lock-down at a different time from the rest of the UK??? ..  Strange Times -Strange Woman. :(

• I disagree 3
  • I agree completely 1
24 minutes ago, Malc Edge said:

So why are B& Q open but Garden centers are not ?  Most items in B& Q will keep but plants will not.  Must be a good reason so what is it ?

at first we were told that we could buy a fence panel if it's to replace one that's fallen down in a storm, but we cannot  buy paint to decorate the home, in other words we can buy essential stuff. 

11 minutes ago, bessacarr425 said:

Why is that Sturgeon woman lifting the Lock-down at a different time from the rest of the UK??? ..  Strange Times -Strange Woman. :(

So SHE gets the headlines! 

I wonder how she will react if (when?) the number of cases rise in Scotland because there is little doubt in my mind that they WILL rise wherever/whenever restrictions are eased. 

Andy

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

1 hour ago, bessacarr425 said:

• Like 1
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 2
6 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

She or her minister should not have mentioned it in the first place, Wales and NI has said the same thing.

What’s strange about it?

One sells essential items, the other doesn’t. It’s nothing to do with whether stock will go off or not (otherwise pubs would be open🙂)

Our local hardware stores, such as Rightway, never shutdown as they’ve been listed as an exception since day one …

04459970-61AF-45CB-935F-FBF5A3129578.thumb.jpeg.d8b2721d1fdeb5b8b2f8772e08f372e6.jpeg

John

Our B&Q closed Wikes also but they do click and collect.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

8 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Those were voluntary closures - they've been permitted to stay open all through if they'd wished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

2 hours ago, bessacarr425 said:

Trust me, I’m far from her biggest fan. But I’m not aware she is, unless you’ve seen something I haven’t ?

• Like 1

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

22 minutes ago, BM Bairn said:

Trust me, I’m far from her biggest fan. But I’m not aware she is, unless you’ve seen something I haven’t ?

Don't worry she has changed her mind again.

Our B&Q garden centre is closed. Shame the store wan't open last week, as I need a few plumbing items

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

17 hours ago, Sea&Sand said:

If you read the BBC news you will see that it's being seriously considered.   See :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52431863

Edited by bessacarr425

Count yourself lucky that you may only have a maximum of 4 different dates for lifting the lockdown, one each for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. We've got 16 states over all doing their own thing. In some schools are opening stepwise, others not, some only final year classes. You need to wear a mask in shops and public transport in some states, in others only in public transport. Even the age when children have to start wearing one is different from state to state.

I live right on the border between two and even the fines for not obeying the rules are different.

Edited by Lutz
41 minutes ago, bessacarr425 said:

If you read the BBC news you will see that it's being seriously considered.   See :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52431863

Ok so we’ve gone from she IS lifting it at a different time to the rest of the uk to it’s being seriously considered lol

• Haha 1
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree completely 1

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

26 minutes ago, BM Bairn said:

I doubt if she actually knows what she want to do follow the UK or do her own thing for Scotland. she is going bonkers because the corona virus has thrown a spanner in her favourite subject ( Scotland Independence)

Edited by Guest

She has now jumped to recommend face coverings before our government .

Dave

• Haha 2

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

18 hours ago, David 38 said:

Wickses do C & C but haven't had basics such as sand etc. in stock for weeks! Unless I'm willing to travel to Argyle or Edinborough that is LOL. Surely the seaside is nearer (only 112 miles from me!).

No-one else in this area (Nuneaton) is even open for building supplies. I assume they are rated highly toxic & the building trade has ceased to exist? What a farce it's all turning out to be.

Please spare me the 'essentials only' mantra, I don't want to build sand castles,  it's essential to me to repair my fence.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

34 minutes ago, micktheshed said:

Wickses do C & C but haven't had basics such as sand etc. in stock for weeks! Unless I'm willing to travel to Argyle or Edinborough that is LOL. Surely the seaside is nearer (only 112 miles from me!).

No-one else in this area (Nuneaton) is even open for building supplies. I assume they are rated highly toxic & the building trade has ceased to exist? What a farce it's all turning out to be.

Please spare me the 'essentials only' mantra, I don't want to build sand castles,  it's essential to me to repair my fence.

Here in Liverpool there are a few builders merchant open for all building materials with long queue of trade men outside.

28 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Here in Liverpool there are a few builders merchant open for all building materials with long queue of trade men outside.

How far is Liverpool from Nuneaton LOL.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

3 minutes ago, micktheshed said:

How far is Liverpool from Nuneaton LOL.

100 miles :D is it worth 2 hours travel for a bag of sand?

3 minutes ago, oldboy said:

100 miles :D is it worth 2 hours travel for a bag of sand?

Might be a tad difficult to justify it as an “Essential” journey though. 

I accept that “repairs” can be classified as being essential, but a round trip of that length, to merely fix a fence, is, I would say, pushing the definition a bit too far!

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

When using trade only places I go in an afternoon they always serve me excellently when their trade customers not about and give good discount.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.