Are the media out to "get him"?

It appears that President Donald Trump has had another "melt down". Following his 'idea' about giving disinfectant injections to cure Covid, he's now turned on "The Media" in another twitter attack in which he demands that they return their "Noble awards", (sic), and he even calls on the "Noble committee", (sic), to demand the prizes back. When it was explained that it is actually the NOBEL prize and also there is no Nobel prize for journalism, (there is a Pulitzer prize), the tweets magically disappeared and he claimed that he was, "being sarcastic", (again). I find it rather worrying that this man has his finger on the "nuclear button".

On 24/04/2020 at 11:00, Lurkio said:

image.png.ec20389d3bb8366f38f964cac7f4076c.png

This was posted the other day - makes you think :(

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I cannot believe the garbage that man comes out with. Scary that they might reelect him!

The big difference between BJ and Trump is that BJ pretends to know what he is talking about by echoing the experts.

Trump just pretends to know what he is talking about!

I'm sure that most of us on here are old enough to remember the TV programme "Spitting Image" and their recurring skit, "The Presidents brain is missing", (about President Ronald Reagan). I wonder what they would have made of President Donald Trump.

45 minutes ago, Townie said:

I'm sure that most of us on here are old enough to remember the TV programme "Spitting Image" and their recurring skit, "The Presidents brain is missing", (about President Ronald Reagan). I wonder what they would have made of President Donald Trump.

We will find out - Spitting Image is coming back with a new series, although presumably delayed by the lockdown.

Are the media out to "get him"?-------Of course they are !!!   They are part of the Great American L/W chattering classes who have never forgiven the Republicans for beating that useless, bitter woman Clinton to the position of President.  Revenge  is relentless and the American media go out of their way to distort and miss- represent Republican policies and politicians. 

That said, I don't think "The Donald" would be acceptable to the British electorate, but the ordinary American public seem to like him, despite his many mistakes.  

Edited by bessacarr425

You've got to remember no matter how daft the things he says are, the American people prefer him over the opposition. That's where the soul searching should be. 

We only seem to get negative news from the media so possibly the President is doing a lot of good things we will never hear about. If these things exist then that could explain why he is popular with the American people. I have no intention of looking on twitter to see what else the President is saying but there might be some good stuff. It is probably not called twit ter for nothing since it can easily make you look like a twit.

I think the Media these days have little interest in reporting 'facts' to us anymore.

All they want is 'air time' and an opportunity to knock anything politicians say . To try to trick them into a 'soundbite' in the hope that it will later be proved to be wrong so that they can ridicule the statesmen involved.

Couple that with Trumps inability to be diplomatic or to listen to advice, and combined with his propensity to shoot off his own ideas as 'facts' without any thread of evidence to support them. He makes himself an easy target.

He surrounds himself with'Yes Men' (and women) getting rid of perfectly able advisors who contradict him.

Are the media 'out to get him'?

Yes they probabally are, but he does make himself such an easy target.

Are the media impartial? I don't think they are, and I suspect that they have an agenda. Unfortunately (or Fortunately depending upon your politics) I suspect he will get re-elected (not that I understand how the US system works)

As for the nuclear button, watch out for a scorched earth policy should he lose the forthcoming election. B)

He has said that he will cure the virus, that may be by any means he has at his finger tips!!

Steve

49 minutes ago, reluctant said:

Are the media 'out to get him'?

Yes they probabally are, but he does make himself such an easy target.

After his recent "faux pas", (bleach injections and recalling of journalists Nobel prizes), he'd just as well paint a bullseye in the middle of his chest.:D

I have this as my What’s App Status/Profile.

I neither like nor dislike the fella, he does say some daft stuff but some of it is Comedy Gold.

I often get random What’s App rants off folk because’I love him’, I don’t but the reactions I often get tickle me 🤪

D4284C0D-0E16-41A3-9712-B59C3DC9BD92.png

In fact, I might change my CT avatar 😂😂

I always thought that messaging app was called Twatter  not Twitter ;)

VERY apt if you look at what the orange one puts onto it! 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

I’ve never actually used Twitter or Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or any of the others. I can’t be bothered.

5 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

possibly the President is doing a lot of good things we will never hear about

he is, he's doing what he promised in his election manifesto such as blocking cheap imports from countries which use child labour, reopening American manufacturing industry, reducing immigration.

The man's a total idiot, but he is doing what the American people want. He'll be around for another term, almost certainly. The American people love him.

5 hours ago, fredsautos said:

You've got to remember no matter how daft the things he says are, the American people prefer him over the opposition. That's where the soul searching should be. 

NO, the American people did NOT prefer him over the opposition when they voted in 2016. Hillary Clinton won 2.1% more of the popular vote than elected President Donald Trump  in 2016.

The same sort of thing happens in the UK, where it's seats won that count, not votes cast.

Tongue firmly in cheek...

His idea to inject people with disinfectant and / or bleach, whilst very dangerous does have one thing to recommend it...It would reduce the number of people dieing of Covid-19.

It would NOT reduce the overall death toll...just that they wouldn't be dieing of Covid 19!

For statisticians, that is a win :o

2 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I’ve never actually used Twitter or Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or any of the others. I can’t be bothered.

:goodpost:

Me too.

8 minutes ago, PandR said:

The man is an idiot and ignoramus. 

See, I said to Mrs B that men can multi-task

A paraody of the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" has been put on YouTube as The Liar Tweets Tonight"

by Roy Zimmerman, an American satirical singer-songwriter and guitarist.

It's had 6,748,666 views as of 21st April

A jolly sing along song! :)

11 hours ago, PandR said:

The man is an idiot and ignoramus. 

No, he's infallible because he knows everything better than anyone else.

18 minutes ago, Lutz said:

No, he's infallible because he knows everything better than anyone else.

And aren’t we all lucky that at least one person (him) believes that to be an immutable fact ?? ;)

Andy 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.