Caravanning on own back garden?

limecc

1 hour ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Had mine on the drive at the weekend, my daughter slept in it one night and said it was freezing. It’s back in storage now

B834F53B-DEA8-4C4A-9D76-7E987A0C74DF.jpeg

I really like the white, sanded face I think, brickwork.

The caravan is nice too.

Edited by Sea&Sand

25 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

I really like the white, sanded face I think, brickwork.

The caravan is nice too.

Thanks, I have a white brick house with a blue tiled roof.

10 minutes ago, staffordshirechina said:

Is it made with Lego??

Yes

Friday 8th May is VE day, and there's a  proposal for people to sit in their front gardens as a sort of street party but with social distancing, including the stand for a minutes silence at 3 PM, then applause for the front line workers.

Our van is on our front garden, so if our street takes part we'll get the chairs and table out and the fridge on for the drinks. If it's sunny I'll put the canopy up, and we'll enjoy the day and our van.  It may well be the only time we get to do that this year.

In fact, we'll probably do that anyway, even if it's just us taking part.

Edited by Dave Capiro owner

All this 'camping in the drive/garden' brings back happy memories of when I owned a 6 beath Dandy (trailer tent) in the 80's. It just fitted down the drive & behind the house & my children frequently used it as a 'wendy' house having most of their meals in it! It got more use like that than actual camping.

Only wish I could do it now.

Never mind VE day I'm looking forward to VF day (virus-free). Wonder if it will ever come?

This thread just goes to show what an eccentric bunch we can be. Forsaking a spacious home, with plumbed water and drainage to spend time in a small box. Where you need to fetch your fresh water and get rid of your foul. Showering in a tiny space with limited hot water. Kipping in a cramped bed, and sitting on small sofas. 

Dont get me wrong, we love our caravan holidays, but they’re about being in different places. While we’re staying at home, we’re staying IN our home. 

For those that are doing it, enjoy, but it’s not for us. 

We’re blessed with a large garden and are currently ‘away’ for the third time since lockdown. Inside the ‘van with the blinds closed at night, you could be anywhere. We’re doing so much work in the garden and round the house that a break away is necessary to stop us working ourselves into the ground.

Cheers

Keith

The other evening our daughter watched a DVD in our caravan on the drive, while eating her tea. I had cooked it in the house as I couldn't be faffed turning the gas on or getting the microwave plate out of storage, then just brought it out to her. Then we all played a game of Yahtzee with the radio on, while our whippet tucked under the duvet in the bedroom.

Other times it's a good refuge for me to get some me time, away from Mr. D and Miss D.  :lol:

As a health carer I am still out working most days but I plan to spend a couple of nights in the 'van which is at side of house. Not sure whether to go the whole hog and connect water and toilet, it might be a faff to have to go back into the house in the middle of the night. My dog would love it, sometimes we just sit in caravan for a couple of hours to relax. Hope we'll all be out of this lockdown soon and able to get back on the sites (just as the weather turns probably!)

Stayed in caravan last night on drive. Mains hook up, no water or toilet just put fresh water in a container. Used house for other facilities. Cooked my supper, watched a DVD and then me and the dog had a quiet night! Doing the same tonight!