Caravanning on own back garden?

Don't laugh. Yes we are actually doing this. Although our place isn't that big, the back garden is private and has vehicular access so this is where the Fleetwood, a RIB and restoration project Bailey are stored. The weather has been great and it's been surprisingly relaxing spending a few nights in the van. Just like being on holiday in fact and a great way to lighten the Covid lockdown. Had a couple of nice bbq's, set the tv up for entertainment. Best of all was the fully serviced pitch price! I admit I didn't take full advantage by setting up the aquaroll and mains water kit, using instead the dishwasher and indoor shower lol. 

The dog loved the adventure too.

Has anyone else tried this?

Seriously considering it. Also, it would provide an ideal isolation facility if one of us caught the bug.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Our caravan is on a hard standing at the side of the house, connected to the mains electric.

When we have family stay we will use the caravan, and will often take a coffee out and sit in the caravan.

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Our brand new, collected just before the lock down caravan is on hard standing at our home and we have joked about spending a night or two in it (using the house as the toilet block) but not tried it yet.  Perhaps we should as there seems little prospect of towing for a while yet

you should - it will be fun.

Ours gets used on the drive quite frequently as a spare bedroom,  a quiet place to sit and its been a cosy refuge when we've had a couple of prolonged power cuts and we've not been able to heat the house or cook.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

9 hours ago, limecc said:

. . . our place isn't that big, the back garden is private and has vehicular access so this is where the Fleetwood, a RIB and restoration project Bailey are stored . . .

We are in a similar situation.

There's a boat on its trailer in the rear garden, a motorhome parked at the side with all services connected, also three cars, two car trailers and two open trailers tjat cannot be used because of the lockdown. It sounds like a mess but believe me, it is not; it is the outside world that is in a mess. Previous caravan restoration work has been carried out but those projects have now ended and the 'vans sold on. It is convenient however to have six spare beds in the MH for when family or friends are once more able to visit. 

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

We keep our caravan in the back garden too. We intend to spend some time using it, given that we can't go anywhere else!

Also, it keeps an eye on things making sure all is ready for when we do get released again.

I suppose we could, just for a change, erect our trailer tent. Its a bit tight but it does (just) actually fit on our pitch, but then we would have nowhere to sit out in the sun.P1050797(1).JPG.1d2328cee87228b0d1e1fbd8a543cc8b.JPGP1050859.JPG.e50669a0090b5eca38ab40b530d13ecf.JPG

OK, probably a dumb idea:rolleyes:

Our back garden has been out of bounds in the recent warm weather.Our neighbour is working from home,sat in his garden on the phone and as usual shouting at his phone for most of the day,we now know all his business,the other neighbours children are in the garden along with their two dogs romping around and barking,don't mind the kids but dog barking no no no .Another neighbour is having building work done ( so much for social distancing ) they have the radio on nice and loud. Its raining tomorrow thank goodness.:(

Yes we have had a couple of weekends in the van

used caravan fridge toilet at night

house kitchen and shower 

cheered us up a lot  

once blinds are closed you feel like you could be anywhere  

8 minutes ago, Ashey said:

once blinds are closed you feel like you could be anywhere

Reminds me of when we were still touring full time. When I woke up in the morning, I sometimes had to remind myself where we were;)

Sadly, my garden isn't that big at all.  I keep my caravan on a secure site.  I check on it whenever I go to the main market town, which is about 4 miles away, when I need any meat, I pass the secure each time.  But have been thinking of sitting in it during the day in this lovely weather.  Its actually nice and quiet there, because as some of you have got, its the kids and odd dog barking, but thankfully, no one blaring on the telephone and no workers:D

Yes, we are camping on the drive. We have hook up and have rigged up "mains drainage!"

Russ

Drive.jpg

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

My caravan is all set up on the front drive at the moment. 

It's great sitting in there,  we get to see what goes on in the street,  it's hooked up to electrics, the toilet is charged and being used, to save coming back into the house when it's cold and dark, I'm considering putting the awning up so I can properly make pretend we're away.

If there's no other way of enjoying it at the moment then Costa Del Driveway will have to do.😁

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

When my caravan is at home we often sit it having a coffee and the grand children love it.

Difference  this year is it’s still under cover in storage and at the moment looks unlikely to be out this year.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

My son is stuck in his back garden for the foreseeable future, but he is not complaining.  This was filmed two days ago. 

This was filmed about half and hour ago; 

This is not helping people:unsure:, we were too flipping slow getting ours out of storage before lockdown, otherwise we would be joining you 'on the drive', Grrr....

Just now, our guard dog making sure those pesky Leopards, Crocs and Lions keep of our territory...:D

IMG_0376.jpg

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

Missing our caravan. It is in storage and we cannot even get to it although with an electronic access there should be no danger. Next month we can get to it by giving 24 hours notice so may just go down and check on it.

Last night son had a burglar after some food.  Seems not safe to caravan in your back garden.  :lol:

Had mine on the drive at the weekend, my daughter slept in it one night and said it was freezing. It’s back in storage now

B834F53B-DEA8-4C4A-9D76-7E987A0C74DF.jpeg

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

34 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Had mine on the drive at the weekend, my daughter slept in it one night and said it was freezing. It’s back in storage now

Don't you have heating in it?  No wonder you have such a huge payload.  :D

Edited by Durbanite
10 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Don't you have heating in it?  No wonder you have such a huge payload.  :D

It was 24 degrees during the day, she hadn’t expected the temperature to drop so much and I hadn’t put a gas bottle in.

She could have put underfloor heating on or the Truma Aventa Air-Con heater but she never thought of that because........ 
A: She’s a teenager 

B: She’s female

C: She’s thick as mince

😂😂😂😂 only joking.

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

Ours is at the side of the house and can be plumbed in but because we managed 60 nights earlier this year we have no inclination to sit in it yet.

Might use it this weekend as it should have been the Scottish National.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.